• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mmel.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Kronolog or Reverb?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Easy question? Not when the Kronolog’s £150 & the Reverb’s £225.

Are the Krono’s that bad?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Easy answer: reverb in bikediscount.de

Kronolog =crankbrothers 🙄

kimbers

i quite like CB pedals

so reverb all the way on this one

legend
    Free Member
    mmel
    Free Member

KS LEV for me!

proberts
    Free Member

Me too…KS LEV

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Reading about the way the Kronolog works totally baffles me as to how anyone with even half a brain cell came up with the idea and thought it’d be a good idea on a mountain bike!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, two ks levs for me as well.

anthonyb
    Free Member

KS Lev for me as well.

j40aja
    Free Member

Where are the best places to get a KS Lev?

Just sold my 420mm long Reverb as I want a shorter post hopefully with 100mm travel.
    May end up getting another Reverb as it worked perfectly with no issues but wondered what alternatives were worth considering.

matther01
    Free Member

KS LEV – was £195 @ superstar components – where I got mine!

mmel
    Free Member

Where are the best places to get a KS Lev?

Got mine here

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wow! I’d never read on how the Krono worked either, same principle as a bloody mastic gun! Knickers to that.
    Anyone got a decent Reverb or Lev in 30.9 they don’t want?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Where is the kronolog £150 guys?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Seatposts-71.html

Dunno if they’ve actually got any though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got both my levs from Germany.

stumpy01

Kronolog from an engineered design; no…..just no!

Just asking for trouble imo.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My Rev was about £150 delivered from ze Germans. Superb service and price. Superb bit of kit and so far in about 8 months of running it I’ve had no problems and not touched it really from a maintenance point of view apart from wiping it down with a rag after each ride to get rid of dust (who am I kidding… mud).

b45her
    Free Member

reverb, anything that uses a cable will end up causing problems at some point. the reverb is the market leader for a good reason.

boltonjon

Reverb everytime

I’ve no idea how that Crank Brothers item got into production

A mate bought one without checking out any reviews – a very unhappy customer

Who else buys CB equipment? (apart from pedals which i understand are great…)

mmel
    Free Member

anything that uses a cable will end up causing problems at some point

That may be true with some posts, but not with the LEV. The entry point is sealed so no chance of crud getting in there. Much better than an over engineered hydraulic system that needs bleeding and is screwed if it brakes off… IMO of course 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I also used a middleburn cable oiler when I installed my Lev so I’m not expecting any trouble with it.

ndthornton
    Free Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

God – I haven,t seen this poor a design since GCSE DT – This thing wouldn’t have got a C!

KS I950 with lever- nice piece of kit

patriotpro
    Free Member

A lot of Lev recommendations…Why are they so good?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

A lot of Lev recommendations…Why are they so good?

People get a semi on because it has a fixed cable point on the collar of the post rather than at the top.

I had a warranty nightmare with a few LEV’s so I might not be the most subjective reviewer, but the small benefit of the fixed cable point is far outweighed by the other crap design points.

Funnily enough everyone I have ridden with who has a LEV has broken it & had a warranty nightmare (both UK and Euro bought) & that was when they had a distributor…

Me, thankfully I never sold my Reverb when I went a little bit mental and bought the KS. The small loop of cable is a small price to pay for a far better post 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

I am about to buy a droppy post what are the advantages of the hydraulic systems over a gravity dropper or similar?

mmel
    Free Member

You’ll get a lot more happy LEV lovers than you do haters 🙄

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Kronolog or Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.