Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Krazy Krampus
  • ajantom

Loving it 😉 First ride out on it today up on Haldon.
    felt as fast (and according to Strava it pretty much was) along most of the trails as my Dialled Alpine.
    Very comfy over the small stuff, and it just rolls over the bigger lumps and bumps.
    Also grips like poo to a carpet in the corners.
    A very happy new bike owner.

Before:

After:

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Looks lovely, if they were any colour but green, I’d probably have folded and bought one!

tazzymtb

how are the knards in mud? keep thinking about a 29+ front, but can’t help thinking it may be poo compared to my fat front with a nate ?

ajantom

Looks lovely, if they were any colour but green, I’d probably have folded and bought one!

Yes but it’s a very snazzy metallic flecked green 😉

how are the knards in mud? keep thinking about a 29+ front, but can’t help thinking it may be poo compared to my fat front with a nate ?

Very good. One trail was a bit much for them, and they floated over the mud without biting in. But everyone else who were on normal tyres was flailing around too!
    I was really pleasantly surprised with the grip over everything – roots, flint, gravel, mud.

tazzymtb

ace, may be a summer front for the Jones then 🙂

sheephills
    Free Member

Really nice build.
    What thumbshifter is that?

ajantom

Cheers 😉
    It’s a Dura ace 9spd shifter on SJS Cycles bracket.

ontor
    Free Member

Following it down the trails on a 26 rigid was interesting, you definitely had traction when I didn’t!

ton

handlebars?

ajantom

handlebars?

On-One Fleegles.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think I’m going to start clown+ at the front and work my way back.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Very, very tempted by one of these… Seen Steve Makins’ and it looks even nicer in the flesh.

ajantom

I need to source/make some wider mudguards.
    The front crud catcher was useless as the tyre sprays either side. Couldn’t really get one on the rear as it meant mounting it right at the top of the seatpost, and it would foul the tyre if you need to drop the post at all.

oxym0r0n

You managed to get a Homebrewed front ring? …recently?

ajantom

No, about 3 years ago. When he was still delivering! Excellent rings, when they actually turn up 😕
    Had 3 off him with no trouble in fact. This Uno ring, a standard 4 bolt one, and one for an XTR M960 crankset.

c_klein87

looks brilliant, what size is it?

ajantom

Medium. I’m 6ft, and I’ve got a 55mm stem on it. Length feels spot on.

c_klein87

thats cool, medium looks nicely in proportion

hugor
    Free Member

Looks like you played in the mud a bit.
    Any issues with the clearance out back?
    Love this bike but this is my sticking point.

ajantom

Nah, loads of clearance. Enough all the way round the back tyre to stick your finger through the gap. At no point did the chainstays or seat stays get clogged.
    You could probably get a 3.3/3.4 tyre in there if they made one 😆

charliedontsurf

They supply the frame with dropout blankers for geared use, this puts the hub about 10mm from the shortest position.

I am running gears without the blanker to get the stays short, and I still have plenty of mud clearance.

It’s a crazy fast bike, and you can really scare yourself… Silly fast and then find yourself somewhere and you are reminded that its rigid, but it still thunders on through, just hold on, and be brave.

ajantom

Gears Charlie? 😯

I’ve got the blankers in at the moment, might try it without next time I go out.
    We were discussing SSUKG today – will it be a Le Mans style start? I particularly enjoyed the one at the Clunker a few years ago with the massive bike pile!

charliedontsurf

Gears… Yeah I am a bit injured a bike with gears is easy to ride… And they have not pissed me off yet.

Yeah whip out the blankers, get it as short as possible, it then become a wheelie beast.

SSUK might well be a le man start.

ajantom

Ah, yeah that makes sense.

Tempted to SS this for SSUK. Maybe bring both bikes? Decisions, decisions!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Krazy Krampus’ is closed to new replies.