Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Koreans are sharing a flag at the Winter Olympics
  • scuttler

Koreans are sharing a flag and also a joint women’s ice hockey team. How good is that! Sure it’s branded as a nuclear nation going on the charm offensive under the shadow of a 50 year truce (or whatever it is) but it’s human nature to get on better when we’re united. Still to be ratified by the crooks at the IOC though.

Proper good. And despite my hope for unity if it pisses off the angry orange buffoon then I’m OK with that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42721417

jimjam
    Free Member

scuttler – Member

Proper good. And despite my hope for unity if it pisses off the angry orange buffoon then I’m OK with that.

Why would it piss Trump off? His big button is the reason it’s happening.

cranberry
    Free Member

N Korea has been forced into a position that was untenable in the long term – they have had to reach out. Hopefully the country will one day see the back of the horrible people who run it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

They’re not horrible, very stylish IMO 😉

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Sounds a good, positive small step for a geographic region that has been divided for so long.

… I just hope they can amicably agree on who represents them in these joint effort teams like the women’s hockey, without a call to arms!

scuttler

Why would it piss Trump off?

Cos it makes his adversary look good? Cos it reduces the tension that serves to promote his no-compromise image? I don’t doubt his big red button is a strong influencer but it can’t be the only one.

You know maybe it’s all a sham but it’s one of the few positive stories I’ve seen recently.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Trump is pissed off as it is undermining his influence over S.Korea. he wanted the big stand off with N.Korea with them ultimately standing down. They’ve pulled the rug from under Trump and gone directly to S.Korea so Trump might see that S.Korea has gone behind his back. He’ll spin it to his advantage though. All good in the end, whatever works for the people at the end of the day, but it would be nice to see the regime collapse in a movement driven from the people like with the USSR and East Germany, but I don’t think the N.Korean people are in the same position to do that.

I suspect it won’t last though. What’s the end game? The N Korean regime is not going to have a change of heart and back down and the country re-unified. I suspect after the Olympics business as usual will resume.

wiggles
    Free Member

Maybe trump (completely unintentional and I won’t give him an ounce of credit,) is a catalyst for them sorting things out… Taking the “craziest leader” attention away.

Maybe they are bonding calling each other up “you’ll never guess what trump said today, he’s so mental”

enfht
    Free Member

Trump, Making Korea Great Again.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Anything that gets North and South Korea communicating and working with one another can only be a good thing. It might not be the start of a great unified future but it’s still a positive step.

cheese@4p

What price a United Korea V USA womens’ hockey final. Korea FTW of course.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes dear, that’s right, whatever makes you happy.

Stevet1
    Free Member

wonder how much ‘security’ the N. Korea hockey players will get.

Trimix
    Free Member

At least it will avoid getting the flags confused like they did last time 🙂

dirtydog
    Free Member

Tillerson rejected freeze for freeze, DPRK refuse to discuss denuclearisation, talk of bloody nose, B52 and B2 stealth (nuclear ready) bombers deployed to Guam and USS Vinson strike group currently under way.

Nico
    Free Member

I misread this as “Koreans are sharing a flat at the Winter Olympics”. I is disappoint.

scuttler

dirtydog – Member

Tillerson rejected freeze for freeze, DPRK refuse to discuss denuclearisation, talk of bloody nose, B52 and B2 stealth (nuclear ready) bombers deployed to Guam and USS Vinson strike group currently under way.

And u-turning your warmongering back into sport it still doesn’t work out for them….

igm

Can you imagine our medal haul if we entered a United States of Europe team?

jimjam
    Free Member

igm – Member

Can you imagine our medal haul if we entered a United States of Europe team?

“Our”? 😉

igm

Absolument. 😉

slowoldman

Really surprised how quickly that has been arranged. A very magnanimous gesture by the South too.

nealglover
    Free Member

What’s the end game?

Women’s ice hockey.

Keep up.

breadcrumb

Koreans are sharing a flag and also a joint

That’ll smooth things over

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep nk has played Trump rather well, poke prod and agitate then go talk with sk and ignore him. Still along with the good snow conditions and the dun rising every day Trump will take credit.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Koreans are sharing a flag at the Winter Olympics’ is closed to new replies.