• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kona Ute, Classifieds purchase
  • edhornby

I have a cargo bike and it’s great 🙂 the plan was to just use it for taking the eldest to nursery and maybe the youngest as well, but it’s already being used for commuting and I’ve had shopping on the back and pizza from the takeaway. It nearly had a christmas tree on the back on its inaugural run but I didn’t have bungees ! the eldest has been on the back with the cruiser bars on and likes it. just need to figure out how to get a bike seat on it, any suggestions please shout
    I can see myself using it for a lot of journeys because although it doesn’t dance up hills like a normal bike, it handles nicely and as long as you stay seated and stir the gears it goes well. The full mudguards and the practicality will make it the go-to bike whenever it rains.

bought from Gingerrob on here, a pleasure to buy a bike from – and Rob if you’re reading this thanks and yes I promise it’s gone to a good home.

oh and yes the grass is a mess, it has 2 small children abusing it so sue me

tommid
    Free Member

I have one too, they are ace.

There is a plastic extracysles deck on ebay and they guy has a hook up for a kids seat. Might be just what you’re looking for.

edhornby

good idea cheers

DrP

Anyone know of any ute frames going spare???

DrP

tommid
    Free Member

DrP seen a few complete bikes go really cheap on eBay lately. One went for about £170.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike.

I want a cargo bike though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One went for about £170.

WHAT? Nooooooo..?

Scurries off to Ebay.

I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike. I have no need for a cargo bike.

I want a cargo bike though.

tthew

Are you going to ride it on the Monday Night Pub Ride this week?

You know I would if it were mine.

Bregante

Are you going to ride it on the Monday Night Pub Ride this week?

Do this.

With a nativity scene on the deck.

And a speaker playing Christmas carols.

If you don’t do it for us – do it for the baby Jesus.

user-removed
    Free Member

Along with a fair few others from here, I bought a MinUte when CRC were knocking them out for £300. It’s my most used bike now, with a cheapo kid seat sometimes clamped to the seat post.

Love the riding position and forced, chilled out riding style. Also gets used for the short journey to the local park for family photo shoots with all my kit in the panniers.

Surprisingly able on singletrack too (I stuck cyclocross tyres on it).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

when CRC were knocking them out for £300.

Awww shucks….!
    I once didn’t buy a half price utility bike from Evans in Guildford. They had two, (I think they might have been Charge ones..?) I had the money in the bank but I was saving for my iMac. So I didn’t. To this day I regret that STOOOOPID decision.

Steelsreal

hi ed, i think practical cycles do a range of seats, yuba make some i think plus yepp. you can also get a xtra cycle ute deck but its pricy..

still regretting selling it…theres a massive space in my garage…

tommid
    Free Member

I bought my Ute when CRC were doing electric Utes minus the electric part, a bargain at £500.

It rides great despite being only an 18″ frame. I’ve changes a few parts, stem is now a longer Thomson and the bars are Ragley Carnagys which are wider than the original Kona set. Also have the obligatory stokers stem and bar for tommid jr, she loves it.

I’d like to upgrade the front wheel to a disc and the rear brake from a BB5 to a BB7. Also think it would benefit from some knobblies. Other than that cannot fault it, apart from the rubbish colour and the messy big welds.

Lummox

Plenty of how tos on tinterweb for custom decks. Plan on trimming my xtracycle one to fit the yepp seat

takisawa2

I loved mine & would buy another in a flash. 😥

yunki
    Free Member

unlike Peter Poddy I have every need for a cargo bike.. need a lottery win first though atm 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kona Ute, Classifieds purchase’ is closed to new replies.