Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kona top tube hydraulic cable guides?
  • joebristol

I’m just finishing building up a 2004 Kona Caldera from a mixture of parts I had and nearly done.

I’ve fitted the rear disk brake but the top tube guides for the hydraulic cable are very loose so the cable can move about a bit. The guides on the seat stays are he normal type where you can use generic clips or zip ties, but the top mounts are the same type.

I believe originally there would have been some kind of rubber or foam guides hat slot in but I can’t find any pictures of hem or find where I’d get some from.

Has anyone got any pictures of what they are like / know where they can be purchased easily (eBay / amazon etc)?

I don’t have a Kona dealer I can easily get to or would pop into see them.

kimbers

Kona tech have always been helpful.

But I seem to remember by hoses just rattling around a lot in the guides on my 2002 Bear.

If just bodge it, wrap the cable in electrical tape?

joebristol

I have a few bodge ideas – but for a change I was trying not to bodge (other than tyres which will be ghetto tubeless!).

Splash-man
    Free Member

I had some plastic sleeves with a collar that fitted over the cable then slid inside the cable guide which then kept everything tight.
    I know I left some attached the Kona frame I sold a few monmths ago.

I can have a look in my parts bin at home and see if I have any left over.
    I think there were 2 guides on the top tube ?

Splash-man
    Free Member

joebristol

Hi Splashman – that looks like the kind of thing I was expecting. If you have got any spare and don’t need them I’m happy to pay postage / packaging etc!

shifter
    Free Member

You can buy those from DrCannondale, or Qwerty probably.

Splash-man
    Free Member

I’ll check my spares box and see if I have any left 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kona top tube hydraulic cable guides?’ is closed to new replies.