• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kona rove geometry
  • apachectl
    Free Member

Hello there
    can you help me in choosing the size of a Kona Rove ?
    http://img2.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/1047/media/images/_611266_i0.jpg
    I 5’11 ” with 33.5/34 inseam. According to the size chart of the site Kona I would choose rather a 56 (I sent an email to Kona with these measurements and they told me that 56 would be perfect …) but I wonder if the 53 will not be more appropriate? (the frame is tilted, the 53 there is a larger size ?).
    The handlebar might be too low ? I might feel cramped ?

Can you share your experience with me on this?
    Thanks for all your reply

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and I ‘d have the 56. I have a salsa vaya (similar bike) in a 56. 530 ett would be too short IMO. Remember: The slack head angle will reduce the reach. 550 toptube on the 530. You could probably make either fit…

Edited cos I read the chart wrong.

tinribz
    Free Member

You’re gonna lose £300 on even a brand new one, find a shop, sitting on one makes it obvious.

apachectl
    Free Member

ok
    I will use it for communiting and 3h or 4h riding the week-end, 75% road. It’s better to choose the small one (53) or the bigger (56) ? Or that don’t change anything… ?

JoB
    Free Member

i’d agree with Kona

they probably know best too

apachectl
    Free Member

That’s a very good advice but when i look a the kona geometry the 53 seems to be as large as 56 in other brand…

JoB
    Free Member

depends on the other brand, i ride a 56 in most cross frames (5′ 10″ andabit) and they have a 560 or thereabouts TT, the 550 of the 53 would definitely be short for the size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kona rove geometry’ is closed to new replies.