Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kona process. Anyone got one?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

A year on and I still haven’t parted company with the old girl so still on the lookout for a bike. Seen a 2013 process, seems good spec but not many reviews knocking about. Any thoughts?

jam-bo

Demoed one. Great bike.

kimbers

The newr one is better but the 2013 by all accounts is a very nice bike

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rkearsey
    Free Member

Yes mate had mine a year now, upgraded a few things on it, but I love it. Handles amazingly and will cope with anything you can throw at it. Little bit heavy but I love it

superdan

I just bought one of the cheap 2013 ones from CRC as the Cotic Rocket doesn’t seem to be happening soon. Fractured hip nearly fixed so haven’t tried it yet.

It seems neatly specc’d etc, wide bars, shortish stem, 2.4 HR2’s and i23 rims though changed the Elixirs out for my XT’s (anyone fancy a pair ofElixirs for 30 quid?) with the annoyance that it was set up with a matchmaker, so had to get a doofer to adapt from ISPEC to Matchmaker to undersling the SRAM shifters from the brakes. Crank Brothers dropper post, not sure how long that will last, but the frame has a stealth routing hole, and the cable guides to suit, so that is a likely upgrade down the line.

Another neat touch is that I ordered the large, and it came with a Firm fork spring. It’s the little things.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s the crc one I’m looking at. How’s it shape up size wise, I’m 5’10” and torn between med and lge

superdan

I’ve had a sit on it, compared with an 18″ Orange 5, the large is longer and taller, it reminds me most of my 2009 era Meta 5. Im 6’0 with a 34″ leg.

I’ve been looking for a much longer bike, compared with the Morewood Mbuzi I cracked in March, and it most certainly is that. Until I get healed up enough to ride it off road I won’t know.

jedi

I want the 26 version

superdan

So did I, the one currently cheap on CRC is the 26″ version

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kona process. Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.