Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona Process 167, anyone tried one?
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

I’m curious about the 167, such a niche bike yet it just looks incredible and with the wealth of cheap 26 parts available getting spares would be easy peasy. It is totally overkill for most trails in the UK but for a summer in the Alps playbike it looks mighty fine. Has anyone on here seen one in the flesh or even ridden one? Seems like a mythic creature in this country. I love the way Kona has gone in the past few years and I’m a huge fan of their bikes, I’m currently on a 2015 Honzo and 2014 Unit and they’re cracking bikes. Wiggle appears to have stock of the 2015 167 in all sizes and has them cheap >>>> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kona-process-167-2015/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360726968&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=5360726968uk&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Bikes&utm_medium=base&utm_content=sBYyWNgIc_dc%7Cpcrid%7C67090792982%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C5360726968uk

alpineharry
    Free Member

Not ridden one but two lads had them when i was out in Slovenia, great bikes and seem to handle everything (Both of them were faster than me and I wouldn’t say i’m that slow). If i could sell my commencal and afford a new bike i’d go straight for a process i reckon

trusty

Dirt had a review in the mag a while back, seemed to like it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrishc777
    Free Member

Massive review on Pinkbike as well, they loved it IIRC

himupstairs

I had a shot of one on a kona demo evening in the summer. I jumped on it having been on a 153 and then an explosif so it felt hefty and sluggish to start with, but once I got going it was ace. Extremely controlled on drops and jumps, a nice shape like the rest of the processes with lots of room but slacker and lazier feeling, and just about manageable for getting up things. It’d brilliant fun in the alps.

cookeaa

Interesting, is this the way it’s going to go from here on, wheel size decreases as travel increases?

I have to say I would probably see a 7″ bike as more of a summer use “mini DH”/uplift/alps bike these days than a general, year round trail bike… Or is that missing the point bit?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona Process 167, anyone tried one?’ is closed to new replies.