Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kona process 153, who's got one?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Loving it?

Got fed up of pedalling it about it?

As fun as it says on the tin?

jam-bo

i’ve demoed one. good good bike.

kimbers

yes
    nope, made it a bit lighter tho
    more than youd could imagine

deanfbm
    Free Member

Looking to do a bit of garage cleaning, got a DH bike i never use and prefer less than a DH bike on DH tracks.

Good contender to take over from my DH bike and do a little of what my trail bike does?

kimbers

I was a bit worried about it being a bit of a sofa for trail stuff, but its just too much fun not to take out,
    Ive had some LB carbon rims built onto my old hope hubs and this has made it much more all day friendly, also saved weight by going 1×10 but it still needs a chain guide on rough stuff with a NW ring, ive slowly been upgrading the drivetrain as it wears out, the back end is very stiff and the sram rear mech has shaken itself to bits

and yeah my DH bike has been ridden twice in the 8 months ive had the process, the Pikes help make it so good on the descents, but the short stiff rear means it flys round berms and launches off everything, ive ridden cwmcarn dh, BPW and aston etc and the megavalanche on it with no probs

honourablegeorge

NSMB.com did a feature on it the other day.

Not quite a review, more “we took pictures of everything and tell you how it all fits together but forgot to actually ride it”.

Have met lots of people riding the bike and they all love it.

Spice
    Free Member

Loving mine non DL version. It’s really fun bike going to make it 1 x 10 soon. Been doing trail centre stuff and have done one trip to Antur Stiniog which was excellent.

ska-49
    Free Member

I love the look of these.
    What do the DL bikes have over the none DL version?

robbonzo
    Free Member

New ones on the kona website today.

deanfbm
    Free Member

When can you buy the 2015s?

kimbers

(2014) DL has xt over deore brakes, slightly lighter wheels, better dropper, raceface bars, posher sram stuff, better rear shock

personally buying the lower spec one and upgrading bits from new, brakes, wheels etc made a lot more financial sense

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kona process 153, who's got one?’ is closed to new replies.