Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kona Process 153 Angle Headset…. Should i???
  • trigrwoods
    Free Member

Hi,
    Been thinking of slacking out my 2015 Kona Process 153 for no other reason than curiosity. Would be really interested to know if anyone else has done this and how they got on with it.

Thanks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Put a single offset bushing in my old one, that was nice and I reckon it could have stood being a bit slacker still.

trigrwoods
    Free Member

How much did that slacken the head angle by chakaping? I reckon it’ll make the bike a beast on the steep stuff but i do worry about it being a bit washy up front on the flatter parts.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve read that the one bush takes half a degree off the HA. So for my 2014 frame that was 66.5 to 66deg.

Doesn’t sound a lot but I could definitely tell the difference on steep trails.

How slack were you thinking of going?

trigrwoods
    Free Member

I was looking to change it by 1 degree to bring the head angle to a more standard for nowadays 65.5 and not to lower the bb too much more, but i am also tempted to take it to a more risky 65.0 and have me a nice mini process 167 but i risk unsettling the geometry too much, and i do use this bike for everything so i still need it to be able to drag it up those fire roads and hilly climbs.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe do a -1deg headset and an offset bushing as well, so you can play about with the extra half a degree?

Current model is 65.5deg anyway and I never thought it had a low BB, pedal strikes were nowhere near as frequent as I get on my new bike.

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Thats a good shout mate, reckon i will go that route. Cheers for the input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kona Process 153 Angle Headset…. Should i???’ is closed to new replies.