Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kona P2 forks in 460mm A/C stock or alternatives please ?
  • OCB
    Free Member

I want some 29er'ish steel forks to replace my 100mm suspension forks – they'll be used with a 26 inch wheel on the front-end of my 1992 SS Kona tho' …

Yeah, ok, I know how it sounds, but my forks currently come in with an A to C measurement of 465mm (even with my [albeit skinny] arse sat on the bike), so a set of the 29er Kona P2's (at ~460mm) would appear to be ideal, but there doesn't seem to be any stock anywhere on the surface of the Earth, and I can't seem to find out when there will be …

So, are there any alternatives worth a look d'ya think?
    There's the Surly KM forks I guess, but after that I'm out of ideas.

Givens are that I need QR dropouts, disk tabs (I'm using a n M4 with a 200mm rotor for comedy value), and be made of steel.

I don't believe in carbon, it's just not natural.

😉

DT78
    Free Member

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/components/

Orange F8s – 450a/c £55

Work great on my commuter.

warpcow
    Free Member

Singular do some with the hummingbird. Not sure if they're available seperately though.

shermer75
    Free Member

Charlie the Bikemonger does some lovely looking Niner ones (470A/C). Gert pricey tho!!

tails
    Free Member

salsa

HTTP404
    Free Member

Depending on offer – I may sell my 29er GT Peace steel forks.
    470mm axle to crown and about 185mm steerer.
    Disc only.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Just read back your posting….

they'll be used with a 26 inch wheel on the front-end of my 1992 SS Kona tho' …

Yeah, ok, I know how it sounds, but my forks currently come in with an A to C measurement of 465mm

The measurement of 465mm will be without any sag. ie. No rider weight on the bike.
    For sure a 1992 Kona will NOT be suspension corrected for a rigid fork of 470mm long.

If you take into account some suspension sag – it sounds like to me maximum length of rigid fork you should be looking at is about 400mm.

I have a raw finished steel fork (400mm~410mm) – it will need some paint. Vee only.
    Let me know if you're interested.

or lookout for a pair of surly 1×1 forks.

zaskar
    Free Member

Wouldn't you need 475mm forks for 29'er?

460mm (which I sold on the classifieds) is 100mm suspension corrected.

Ideally, I guess you could get away if it has tyre clearance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kona P2 forks in 460mm A/C stock or alternatives please ?’ is closed to new replies.