Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kona Jake The Snake – anyone got one?
  • alexonabike

Considering one of these as my only road bike with a view to giving cyclocross a bash this coming winter.

Anyone got one, or have an opinion on them?

BruceK
    Free Member

I got one this year 2nd hand off ebay, and its great. Think its a 2005 model in natty blue. I’ve done a couple of local cyclo cross races on it ( blippin hard hard work, but somewhat addictive) and use it for general commuting duties down the local cycle path.

I also bought a set of road wheels to save swapping over tyres if you want to do any more lengthy road work. The cross tyres are fine generally tho, and it certainly rolls faster than your average mtb.

I’ve used it loads, particularily when its been raining here and the woods have turned to slushy clay (again). I even get carried away and take it on cross country routes, and you quickly relise while fat tyres and suspension were invented! 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

brought a 2009 frame from the usa and am currently building as a ss, nearly done, just need some straddle bridges for the brakes – can’t wait!!!!!! bring on the rain 🙂

Pricey8
    Free Member

I have got the Jake, absolutely love it currently smashing out the road miles on it hopefully doing some cross this winter and should be my comuter bike too, the only dark side bike you will ever need does it all. The guy i bought it off even put aero bars and wheels on it and raced a time trial on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kona Jake The Snake – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.