Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kona Dew Drop – Any experiances or views
  • mrnmissespanda

Mrs Panda is considering buying a Dew Drop as a trourer/winter bike/sort of cx.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this bike. I know the kona sutra has a slightly shonky solution to fixing the rear rack due to the disk brakes, and I assume that the dew drop will have the same issue.

Many thanks

panda

geoffj

You can get disc specific racks. I like the look of it, but I think I’d also consider a croix de fer.

allthegear
    Free Member

I bought a Kona Sutra a few weeks ago (C2W special) and did have some doubts about the long bolt for fixing the rear rack.

In real life, though, it seems really strong. It can certainly take my weight standing on the rack, which is far, far more than it will ever have to do in proper use. (yeah, I just had to see of I could stand on it whilst riding along. Nearly ended badly)

I love the retro paintwork job.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I had a Dew, and for the money, i was actually quite impressed.

monkeyp

I had a Dew Deluxe for a few years before it got written off by a car – great commuter bike. Had to make a few modifiations on the position, but nice and solid and good base spec for upgrading and relatively cheap.

I have just changed it for a Genesis Croix De Fer though and it’s amazing – fast, solid, comfy and looks great – it just feels like a timeless bike that will go on and on and the Shimano discs are brilliant with STi’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kona Dew Drop – Any experiances or views’ is closed to new replies.