Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kona A – current equivalent?
  • psychle
    Free Member

As posted earlier, my Kona A has developed an unfortunate dent in the top tube. **** builders are (perhaps of course) denying all responsibility, but the upstairs owners have said to give them a quote for a replacement and they'll let me know…

So… what's a modern (available for purchase today) like-for-like replacement frame? Something like a One20 perhaps? I don't think this could be bought frame only though… maybe I should just give Paligap a call in the morrow and see what they say (but happy to hear from the STW massive of course 😀 )

cheers 8)

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

kona cowen ds i thought i had seen something to replace the "A"

psychle
    Free Member

Hmmm… more of a jump frame though (not that they'd know the difference!). What was the RRP on this (can't seem to find it via google 😀 )

cheers

oneoneoneone
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

Jeezus… that might give them a heart attack 😯

I reckon I'll show them that and then ask for £400, I dare say they might go for it! good result if they do 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

RRP on the Cowan DS was £1000 – I've had two of them (paid £799 each for mine though). Current version of the DS is the Bass but only available as a complete bike iirc.

You can still see the 2004 Kona frame catalogue here – no rrp's though.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

you may be able to buy a front end off of paligap if you explain you problem??

psychle
    Free Member

yep… I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's what from their end. stay tuned (if you're interested of course 😀 )

nickc

Good luck with finding one. That Cowan weighs about a gazillion tonnes BTW

psychle
    Free Member

Probably not going to buy a replacement, most likely get a hardtail instead… but the relative rarity of these Kona A's is a factor in setting my price…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kona A – current equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.