• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Kona 2016
  • Clink
    DickBarton

Nope…they are all missing something, none are doing it for me…not just colours, they all just don’t look right but unsure what…might be the tint frames and massive wheels…

raisinhat
    Free Member

Would think that the Ti Honzo would find a few fans around here.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Are they going backwards in the stantion coating department?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

They the new Lyriks on the 153?

Love the colourway on the 134 supreme!

benpinnick

Nope, they are old lyriks.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The Honzo is my spirit-Kona.

Except that the 2-Souls Quarter Horse is really my spirit-Kona.

🙂

kimbers

Its the process 167 that has the old lyrics as its (gasp!) a 26 inch bike with a 20mm axle !

Still no carbon process?, apparently they werent happy with the factory so it may be a while longer

That ti honzo – want !

coomber
    Free Member

Isn’t an aluminium honza just a taro?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I thought the Taro was the Alu Honzo aslo.

Always loved the Honzo, though haven’t got one, I did get my boss to buy one and he loves it.
    That Ti frame looks super lovely.

raisinhat
    Free Member

I think the Taro was the old Honzo, but in Al and with a cheaper component spec. Now they’ve simplified the lineup by getting rid of the Taro and just having the Honzo in your choice of material. The geometry of the two was pretty similar, the Honzo has shorter chainstays and more standover though.

It’s nice to see a simpler hardtail range where you just pick a material and price tag that you would like, and they all have the same geometry

chakaping
    Free Member

Hmmm, some potentially good buys there for when they get heavily discounted in a year or so.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Loving the idea of that 167 process but those frames just don’t look right… May be different in the flesh I suppose

AlexSimon

Ti looks nice, Alu looks pretty nice too (especially at the US prices).
    But this…

mmmmmmmm

globalti
    Free Member

I would worry about the stability of that head tube. I had a Global Th1.0, which had the top and down tubes touching like that and it had an alarmingly unstable head tube; you could look down as you rode and see the steerer and forks wobbling backwards and forwards. For the Th1.5 Ride On increased the gap between the two tubes and made it a much stiffer more stable front end. I sold the 1.0 and bought a 1.5 off the web.

AlexSimon

Ha – I always thought you were the owner of Global Ti/Ride-on!

mboy
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Missed this thread 1st time round somehow.

Ally Honzo’s will be ace, despite low rent spec. The Ti Honzo… Did someone say “annual bonus”? 😛

thepodge
    Free Member

Alu Honzo is supposed to be a bit of a harsh ride according to STW home page

globalti
    Free Member

Ha – I always thought you were the owner of Global Ti/Ride-on!

I wish! Except that I try to keep my posts short and anybody who knows Craig will know that he hasn’t mastered the art of brevity!

kimbers

That ti honzo hmmmmmmm

Anyway I see they’ve lightened the process frameset

That’s the same weight as my 153 with carbon bars and wheels, lighter cranks, brakes etc 🙂

Actual Weights: Kona 2016 Mountain Bike Line up (Plus a Fat Bike and CX Model)

qwerty
    Free Member

The Explosif looks good

😀

thepodge
    Free Member

The 2016 website seems to list the steel Honzo sometimes but not others

kayla1
    Free Member

I like the Process 167 😀 I haven’t got $5000 though 🙁

m360
    Free Member

Quite like the look of the Hei Hei if I ever decided to go bouncy. Seeems Kona are no longer “all about the 4-bar” though?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-MyvpyyYXQ[/video]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Kona 2016’ is closed to new replies.