Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Koenigsegg Regera hybrid.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWm8xEapjuQ[/video]

Sounds completely insane.

bighairydel

I’m away to put a lottery ticket on….

richmtb

150-250kph = 3.2s

That is absolutely bat shit mental

I love Koenigsegg, they really push the boundaries, for such a low volume manufacturer the innovation they put into their cars is amazing

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Speeder

It sounds great engineering wise though I’ve never been particularly sold on the looks of the K cars.

Koenigsegg himself has a great back story, as does Rimac who’s done incredible things at a very young age and did the battery pack on this. I’d love to have a chat with both of them one day.

jimjam
    Free Member

richmtb – Member

150-250kph = 3.2s

That is absolutely bat shit mental

I love Koenigsegg, they really push the boundaries, for such a low volume manufacturer the innovation they put into their cars is amazing

I like the way they’ve seemingly dreamed something completely mad and just decided “well if we charge £1million+ then we can make that”. And they do. Gross simplification but it’s pure fantasy stuff.

maxtorque

It’s not entirely clear if the figures claimed have actually been demonstrated with a real car, or are just projections? Having dabbled with high power hybrid systems (i did the P1 powertrain) i can tell you there is a vast difference between what the simulation suggests and reality, especially with regard to thermal performance of things like battery systems and inverters etc……..

Matt24k
    Free Member

If maxtorque is sceptical about these performance claims then so am I.
    He does appear to actually know what he is talking about when it comes to things automotive.

jimjam
    Free Member

There are a few interviews from the show with Christian von Koenigsegg and he seems to be speaking as if it’s a functioning car that he has driven. He also speaks about changes they are making to “that” car implying it’s more than just a shell. But who knows.

robdob
    Free Member

The great thing nowadays is that these crazy cars seem to have a market, no matter how expensive they are. That means they can produce “money no object” cars to push the boundaries of technology knowing that someone will buy it and they can be paid for their efforts. It doesn’t have to be watered down at all to make it mass market and get the thousands of sales.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Koenigsegg are usually pretty true to their words, certainly in the case of the CCX and the Aegera (sp?) their claims that it can do this and that were invariably true.

conkerman
    Free Member

So its using a torque converter to keep the engine speed up top up charge the batteries until full lockup?

Thats what I assumed the hydraulic coupling to be doing.

Interesting to see if it ever makes it out into the cold light of day.

jairaj

Sounds bonkers! Can’t wait to see a real one in action.

Have I understood it correctly, at low speeds eg 0 to 30 mph it will be powered only by the batteries as the coupling between engine and motors will be disconnected? If so what is the range for just pottling around town or driving in traffic?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Koenigsegg Regera hybrid.’ is closed to new replies.