• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kodak Sport ZX Cam Any Good??
  • grantway
    Free Member

Looking at putting another cam on the seat post
    I am looking at the Kodak sport ZX
    Anyone got one! and what mount is best for it.
    Upfront I will be using the Contour HD 1080.
    Just cant be bothered to film twice

Dango
    Free Member

I bought one of these last year (not yesterday 🙂 ) as my family/holiday device and only ever strapped it to my camelbak once using an old phone holder pouch with a hole cut for the lense and also to my helmet once, the result was fairly good but was never going to be as good as a GoPro as the mounting solutions available arent as good, I also won a Flip HD cam recently and have bought myself a GoPro for Xmas (so have options a plenty)

My plan now is to take the GP and The Kodak out, use the GP on the bike/person and the Kodak can be used with a stationary gorillapod or possibly to view the card on GP to see if its pointing in exactly the direction I want, not sure if this’ll work, haven’t looked at the files types on each

Dango
    Free Member

Different formats, the flipultra is MPG4 also but uses internal storage, think I’ll take that out as the stationary cam on my test (it was free anyway)

Carter
    Free Member

Hi,
    I got one of these for christmas, they are a very nice camera, very durable from what i have seen so far. A google search of cycle camera mount comes up with a couple of universal mounts.
    I used mine on a ride today, not mounted mind you. the video quality on the one video i took was pretty good.
    Chris

Trekster

See here;

Still need some practice on the editing 🙄

GW
    Free Member

got given one as a pressie last christmas but still haven’t really used it. I did get a gorilla pod for it thinking I might start using it but I’d much rather be riding my bike than **** about with a cam or having to ride back and get it.
    they don’t have image stabilisation built in so won’t be so good mounted to a bike/rider.
    <EDIT> mine’s a ZX1 HD so not sure if it’s the same model

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kodak Sport ZX Cam Any Good??’ is closed to new replies.