Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • knuckleball
  • rOcKeTdOg

Anyone use a knuckleball chewy or otherwise? How much flex do they have, I’m scared of carbon for bars as it is but am tempted

batman11
    Free Member

Yep been running a set on my hard tail since mid summer the 780mm width. No complaints as comfy as my renthals and eastons I’ve run before and way less than half the price, would get another set with out question.
    Bats.

igm

Mine seem ok but I think I went hard not chewy.

woodster

I bought some Chewys for my Stanton Slackline. I was worried that chewy sounds like they’d be a flexy mess , but for £32 when they were 20% off it wasn’t a big risk. So far I love them, they definitely take the buzz out without feeling noticeably flexy. Really nicely made and a complete bargain.

honourablegeorge

“Knuckleball chewy” is an extraordinarily pleasing name for a product.

yunki
    Free Member

If I had some spare dollar I’d be investing..

I’ve been using a Ragley carbon Wiser bar with the kevlar wrap for the last couple years, and as a bit of a carbon sceptic initially, I’ve been delighted..
    It’s very unlikely that I’d use an alloy bar on my rigid mtb again, and that chewy tag just seems like it’s gonna be spot on..

Like I say, was a sceptic at first but now totally take the carbon bar for granted and don’t hold back on the amount of abuse I give it

miranmtb
    Free Member

Chewy knuckleball on my rigid stooge. Very happy. Noticeably more comfortable in the rough than some other carbon bars i have (Answer 20/20) and way better than any alu bar. Haven’t noticed any strange side effects wile riding. Finish is better then most bars i’ve seen (better than answer) If you like the traditional riser bar shape then go for it.

Northwind

The hard/chewy thing is genius tbh, would love to see all carbon bars rated on the hard/chewy scale

brant
    Free Member

The hard/chewy thing is genius tbh, would love to see all carbon bars rated on the hard/chewy scale

<blushes>Cheers :-)</blushes>

devash
    Free Member

I’m sure I read somewhere that they were made for On One by a major Far East factory (could have been the same factory that makes some of the Renthals).

I’m a bit gutted I missed them when they were going for £39.99 as I’m in the market for some new bars at the moment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chewy knuckleball by Rigid Stooge

Ah yes, the troublesome second album.

T666DOM

I’ve got a set of hard on my Fatty, they seem spot on compared to the Eastons Ive used before. You can’t beat a bit of carbon.

flatfish
    Free Member

Chewy on my rigid DMO.
    Would buy again when I need some.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘knuckleball’ is closed to new replies.