Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Knowing other forum members
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Do you think from reading other people’s posts over a period of time on here that you can judge what kind of person they actually are in their own personal lives?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh yes

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think you can sometimes. 1st time I met Ton he was just like I thought he’d be, only bigger. 😉

CheesybeanZ

You’ll have an idea of the persona they’re trying to portray , a weekend away riding and drinking and you’d meet the real person .

wordnumb
    Free Member

How can we be certain we ever really know anybody, or even ourselves? All this could just be a hologram flickering at the event horizon of something truly unimaginable…

zeesaffa
    Free Member

^^^ Excellent!

zippykona

It’s like meeting people you ride with in a non biking environment.
    First off you can’t recognise them because you know their bike better than them. Then people look different without their helmets on.Lastly people who are ride gods but then turn up at the pub in bad jumpers with their jeans at half mast. It’s not right.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You’ll have an idea of the persona they’re trying to portray , a weekend away riding and drinking and you’d meet the real person .

This too 😕

Kryton57

You won’t in my case. My writing style which is non deliberately more direct and very different to my actual personality, which is actually quite passive with added introspective paranoia 😀

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

not a chance! people who have known me for years in ‘real life’ Still don’t really know me.

RustySpanner

No, hopefully.
    🙂

Some people come across exactly as they do in real life, some are completely different, most somewhere in between.

5thElefant
    Free Member

No. You can’t tell what’s tongue in cheek, who’s playing devil’s advocate, who can’t be arsed typing essays on a tablet keyboard…

You can only tell who spends all day posting rather than working.

njee20
    Free Member

I think I’m different to how I appear on here, not intentional at all, just how it is.

teasel
    Free Member

CharlieMungus » Oh yes

Heh

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some people come across exactly as they do in real life, some are completely different, most somewhere in between.

THIs some of the loudest people on here have been pretty anonymous and quiet in the real world

Never had an argument on an STW ride yet either 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

No.

@stirlingcrispin is a complete bike tart who slavishly buys all the newest kit.

@mattoutandabout is a transgendered keyboard aficionado who can’t swim.

I of course am a font of knowledge and compulsive liar.

nedrapier

How can we be certain we ever really know anybody, or even ourselves? All this could just be a hologram flickering at the event horizon of something truly unimaginable…

Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

DickBarton

stirlingcrispin is a complete bike tart who slavishly buys all the newest kit.

Since he went full bounce that is slightly more accurate…but only slightly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Never had an argument on an STW ride yet either

Never say never 😀

Not sure you can tell how people really are, maybe possible from bike threads. As old adage goes don’t speak of politics or religion.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Knowing other forum members’ is closed to new replies.