Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Know of any good deals on winter jackets?
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend anywhere that’ll stop me buying from Go Outdoors?

Been looking for something toasty warm to stand around cooking in the highlands wearing, that kind of thing. I’ve got the base layers and waterproof for the walking/climbing bit.

I’ve looked at army surplus parkas but because £200ish doesn’t come easy to me I don’t want to just take a punt.

chakaping
    Free Member

There are some good deals at Cotswolds, noticed they had some nice Rab down stuff.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Alpkit down?
    Although down may not be the best choice in the damp British climate.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Paramo have a 2nds shop on Ebay, might be worth a go.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Alpkit down?

Sigh, the usual misconception from somebody who probably doesn’t use down for anything other than going to the paper shop, i have used down sleeping bags and down vests in numerous mountain marathons in very wet conditions, perfectly fine, keep it as dry as possible and it will be no problem at all.

matt_outandabout

Killin outdoor shop has a bunch of Montane primalift jackets in half price….call them and see what they have.

billysugger
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’m on it later. Maybe while Top Gear’s on 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Alpkit down?

Sigh, the usual misconception from somebody who probably doesn’t use down for anything other than going to the paper shop, i have used down sleeping bags and down vests in numerous mountain marathons in very wet conditions, perfectly fine, keep it as dry as possible and it will be no problem at all.
    I’ve used down sleeping bags for years, and currently the only other thing I have is a down gilet – I always keep them in dry bags in my bike panniers, and, as you say, no problem at all, but you do need to be careful with them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Know of any good deals on winter jackets?’ is closed to new replies.