Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Know of a good bike shop in Leeds that do services?
  • ElShalimo

Anyone know of any good bike shops in Leeds that do services?
    Not lived here that long and not sure where to go.

Need a few things checking out. My Magura Julie rear is not working despite new pads. Also need my Vidar forks checking out as 5 yrs of abuse are starting to tell.
    cheers

3rock
    Free Member

crosstrax rodley, good folks, not stuffy.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Crosstrax are now also in Adel, I think.

ton

crosstrax 3rded…………..cos all the others are truly shyte………. 8)

ElShalimo

thanx guys

Crag
    Free Member

Jd's in ilkley is the best in the Leeds area IMO.

shredder
    Free Member

Chevin also good guys

thepodge
    Free Member

not crosstrax, terrible customer service, terrible bike service

yoda
    Free Member

Thepodge, Chris at the Rodley shop was the mechanic at Chevin before he went to Crosstrax and you didn't hear too many complaints about chevins servicing.
    Just out of interest, what was the terrible customer service you experienced?

MartinGT
    Free Member

Chevin, Cross Trax, All Terrain, JD, Bob Jacksons

All pretty similar.

Keep away from Woodrup IMO.

For Wheels, Stif are you mem, awesome wheel builders

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Chevin Cycles

thepodge
    Free Member

yoda – Just out of interest, what was the terrible customer service you experienced?

Dropped two bikes off with Ed for the full service and mentioned a horrid creaking noise from the BB area. asked if we could collect in 2 weeks due to working nights and living in Sheffield. "not a problem" they said.

went back 2 weeks later to find Ed had gone snowboarding and not told anyone anything about our bikes so they'd just been sat there untouched all this time. explained everything again to the Saturday boy who said to come back in a week.

3 weeks after we originally dropped them off went to collect them. bikes have been serviced but suspension hadn't been touched (which is supposed to be part of their service), parts replaced included a cassette which was less than 2 months old (but not the chain) and brake blocks that had lots of life in them plus a few other things adding over £70 to the cost despite their claim that "One thing you will find with our servicing is that we will not just go ahead and fit a bunch of replacement parts for no reason – we will always contact and advise you prior to replacing any components as we don't want you to get a shock when you pick the bike up" they also told me they had changed the angle of my bars to make them comfier… how would they know what is comfy to me? also said they had cured the creaking BB.

got home, rode the bike about a week later, put the bars back at a good angle and the creaking persists. about a week later I find a 15mm crack in the frame behind the BB. so all in all £140 quid down the pan and a resolution to never go there ever again.

we tried Hike, Bike and ride in Hathersage after that, they took 3 weeks to replace a BB because they didn't have it in stock and when we got the bike back the whole frame was covered in copper slip hand prints.

The bike tree however have been nothing but super friendly and really helpful when ever i've used them.

scruzer
    Free Member

Similar experiences as Podge re: Cross Trax! First time they only needed to fit new Brake hoses and ended up giving the bike a full service plus others parts… They charged me!! Second time had my bike for a week at their request (I live 1 hours drive away). They said they would ring me when done – they didnt, then when I rang they werent sure if the job had been done cos there were no price ticket on it. Went in anyway next day and had not done what Id taken it in for, but did it there and then, like they could have done that the week before when I had pre arranged dropping it off. These bike shops are all the same I have yet to find one thsat is 100% reliable and thats after 18 years!! Oh sorry Chain Reaction have yet to fail me, long live mail order for shopping at least!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Know of a good bike shop in Leeds that do services?’ is closed to new replies.