Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Knotties Saturday on Dartmoor (incl pics)
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

Knottie has come down to Dartmoor for the weekend & on today's ride 11 riders turned up including many STWers – apologies I haven't got all the names – Knottie, me, Anna Bannana, RichPenny, Germinator, Tickityboo, John, Gary, Ben & 'erm two others.

Anyway we all met up at the Warren House Inn for the start, it was then down into Soussons Downs & over to Bellever woods, Bellever descent then back to the Headland Warren Farm & back to the Warren House Inn. The weather was just right overcast, warm, light winds & very dry trails. The company was superb, great banter & good riders.

Here are some of the pictures I took to give you a flavour of the day, if any of today's riders want a full set of pics my email is in my profile.

The posse at the start (with one missing behind a bush somewhere)

through the water

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4957272487_17eb5d80c0_b.jpg[/img]

Yes that is a whole malt loaf…..

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/4957867266_15b7c5988e_b.jpg[/img]

The rest spot on the way back

launching off the drop on the way back – shame I cut the head off :o(
    [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4957277263_a609c50d12_b.jpg[/img]

one resting Knottie at the end

Tomorrow it's Princetown to Burrator & back – 10am for a 10.30am start from the High Moorland Visitors car park Princetown if anyone wants to join in the fun :o)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Aww I woulda but I'm helping a mate with a local training ride. Another time.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Hey crispy you out tomorrow???

I am going down to but where is the highland more visitors car park is it the one in princetown behind the cafe??

I have sent knottie a message but I dunno if he has a signal to recieve it

crispybacon
    Free Member

saladdoger – Yes mate I am out tomorrow & the start is the car park behind the Old Police Station cafe at Princetown – so don't be late 😉

cinnamon_girl

Well, it looks as though you are having so much fun and the heather looks a cool shade too. 8)

And tomorrow, Princetown – oh what memories. 🙄 Enjoy. 😀

So disappointed not to have joined you. 🙁

saladdodger
    Free Member

CG such a shame your not playing today I am off in 1/2 hr and it is persisting it down here

Hopefully the dartmoor weather system is different to here

knottie8
    Free Member

CG
    we had rain all night but the beer stopped it spoiling over evening. The riding was spot on and the company top class . Lots of talk of pirates and donkeys but thats another story. A big thanks to all who rode/helped out both or either days. We should do it again soon. (note to Gary, less beer more miles)

Click the pic for more pics.
    I think between us we nearly drank the pub dry of jail ale !

Keva
    Free Member

heheh… great w/end folks, thanks again for organising it. Rain, what rain ?

Kev

Anna-B
    Free Member

It was a great weekend, thanks to everyone who came along and made it was it was. Thanks to Knottie for the routes, Steve for the extra one! And crispy for taking photos. Not rain Kev, frogs…

jam-bo

so it was. totally forgot about this.

looks like you had a nice one.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good stuff chaps.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it Mr Knott!
    Was the same weekend as the Tour of Britain Charity ride…
    Managed 45th out of 800 tho, so was worth the effort!

Will try and make the next one!

rOcKeTdOg

all this thread needs to make it complete is pictures of cake!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers all, loved it and will be back for more 🙂 Crispybacon, would like a full size image of me on the rock garden please. It almost looks like I know what I'm doing!

thegerminator
    Free Member

Great to meet you guys on the sat,
    thanks to knottie for the route
    out from the warren house,to crispy
    bacon for the photos and to everyone
    else for the fine banter.
    A special thanks to anna and kev for
    joining me chris pete and colin on
    our extra "little" loop!
    The brew and cake at the hound of
    the basket meaks hit the spot

knottie8
    Free Member

RD
    No cake was eaten but beer was drank in gallons.

Stinky-Pete
    Free Member

Just like to add my thanks to you all for a great day's riding Saturday.(the other riders were myself and Gay"Who loves you baby" Chris).
    Wish I could have stayed for more beer Saturday night and the Sundays ride. Sound like you had a good laugh. Never mind perhaps next time.
    Extra shout goes to Anna and Kev for joining the locals on the scenic extra loop. My tracker clocked in at almost 30 miles.
    Anna your a star for remembering me and it made it when I saw you had invited the Germinator.
    Any more pic's.
    Stinky Petee.

Stinky-Pete
    Free Member

Hey Germinator, I think you meant Basket meals.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Here's a few pics from me:

sneakyjean
    Free Member

Hi Guys!
    Thank you all for a brilliant day. Although Germinator,Pete,Tickety & I are local Janners, some of Knotties excellent route was new to us.
    Crispy's photos are great – they even make me look like a mountain biker – well nearly!
    Thanks to Stinky for making me 'more aggressive'on the Germinators ride extension & for everyones company – a great day.

The Germinator is the 'oracle'of the Quantocks & we are persuading him to organise a trip, if anyone is interested?

crispybacon
    Free Member

Stinky Pete & sneaky Jean – send me an email (my addy is in my profile) & I'll send you a full set of Saturday's pics.

It was great riding with you guys & the Germinator/Tickityboo – sorry I forgot your STW names Doh!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Knotties Saturday on Dartmoor (incl pics)’ is closed to new replies.