Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Knolly Chilcotin sizing – help
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Anyone over 6’4″ riding a large or xl chilcotin. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on how you size up?

I’m 6’5″ and leaning towards a large, plan to fit it out with a 50mm stem. I seem to think I fall somewhere in the middle of the a L-XL. I have an inseam of 35.4″

Thanks

rsvktm

I’m 6’2 and a bit and ride a large, they are a short cockpit and seat tube I ride with a chunk of post out when jra, I’d ask on the mtbr Knolly forum. If I was any bigger I’d probably size up but then would be big bike… See if you can get a demo. Mates got a large endo as a trail bike and he’s 5’10 ish.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m around 6ft and found a medium too small. I’d want a large (if anyone knows of a large going cheap; give me a shout!)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks guys…just got an email from Knolly saying I’d nees a xl.

As you can tell, the trend in the industry these days is for longer top tubes so you can run a shorter stem. The reason you are unquestionably an XL size is because on a large frame you would have an unusual amount of exposed seatpost. This could potentially put too much leverage on the welds at the seattube/top tube junction.

Seems to make sense.

Wrecker…shorelines has a deal on at the momwnt ..he has two L frames left

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

tor5
    Free Member

6′ 4″, XL and 50mm stem here. Fit feels “right”

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks tor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Knolly Chilcotin sizing – help’ is closed to new replies.