Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Knog frog lights
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Does anyone have any of these??
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=knog+frog&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3264252811&ref=pd_sl_5dyzkbo6v0_b

Are they any good just to leave on your bike for commuting? Or are they pants? I was just thinking I could get some and leave them on the bike permanently for commuting in case I got stuck.
    Cheers.

AndyP
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple. They’re good but really only backup lights. And they’re so easily removable, why leave them on the bike? someone else will have ’em.
    Idea – put one in a rear vent of your helmet. That way you’ll always have a light no matter what. (if you take your helmet, of course).

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

They’re a be seen light. Looks pretty much like the same led unit my daughter has on her bike (without the the silicon covering). It’ll let you see the ground immediately infront of the bike, but not much further than that.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

cool that’s what I wanted really just as a back up and if I got stuck somewhere. I say “leave them on the bike” as my bike will be parked in a rear secure yard where public don’t have access. Cheers maybe get a couple.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

just as a back up and if I got stuck somewhere

that’s all i use mine for, and they’re ideal for such a purpose.
    gets you home legally, basically.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Herbi that’s what I was thinking and they are so cheap! buying some kit off Minx girl and found them on there. Excellent thanks guys.

yossarian
    Free Member

you can wrap them round your hubs too 🙂

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my Helmet as well as a 3 Led flasher on my Seat Post. They’ve got a good range in darkness and work well in Twilight too. Paid $11 for mine. Cracking value.

woffle
    Free Member

Aren’t they nicknamed ‘hipster-cysts’ by BikeSnob?

mudpup
    Free Member

If u want something a bit brighter try the Knog Beetle 2LED front combined with a Knog Skink 4 LED rear light. Or they do a 3 LED Gekko if u prefer. Fantastic, simple and fun lights.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I got a Knog Toad for the front, does the job well.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Tesco sell a brighter, better light for £4.

markenduro
    Free Member

They are surprisingly bright for a small 1 led light, I have 2 (front and rear)which are left on my helmet all of the time.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I have one on the back of my helmet too.

Got mine at a cycle promptions leisure center beardy thing. Didn’t know they were that popular though.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve got 6 (2 white/4 red) on my bob-yak to help to make it a bit more visible at night. Makes me feel like I’m driving a semi though Georgia.

CountZero

I’ve got two wrapped around the top of the aero bars on my road ss, just below the barend brake levers. They’re black bodied, so they blend in with the bar tape. I’ve also got a red one on my lid, and a Toad front and Bullfrog rear for my other bikes. They’re so easy to fit, with no bracket hastles when you have different diameter bars. Excellent lights.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Knog frog lights’ is closed to new replies.