Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Knocked off my bike – any good solicitor recommendations?
  • brotherofsteve
    Free Member

Hi – got knocked off my bike in Keswick on Sunday, suffering some quite nasty facial injuries, and wondered if anyone could recommend a firm of solicitors that has experience dealing with cycling claims? Google threw up a few options, but reviews were mixed, so if anyone has a recommendation that would be really helpful. Am based in the Peak District.
    Thanks

garage-dweller

CTC / cycling uk are linked with a law firm.

I think they may also do no win no fee so worth looking up.

Name escapes me at the moment.

Hope you heal well.

aracer
    Free Member
    dvatcmark
    Free Member

Heard what happend and saw the photos on Tuesday. All the best with the healing and hope to see you out again soon.

project
    Free Member

ctc 0844 736 8452 or a copy of cycling plus lots in the back pages .

highpeakrider
    Free Member

I always join British Cycling for the small yearly fee you get liability insurance should you hit something and legal assistance.
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/legalsupport

If you riding a bike worth thousands and could be sued for thousands if you hit something or someone why would not pay £37 a year for this cover?

midlifecrashes

Ouch, healing vibes.

https://www.athertongodfrey.co.uk/
    Disclaimer, it’s mrsmidlife’s firm, one of the biggest personal injury firms in the region, and well regarded.

rascal
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that…happened to me in Jan 16. My initial thought was why wait 6 days until you ask advice? A lot of any visual damage will be well on the way to healing by now…have you taken photos of your injuries from day one? I was adviced to do so as it helped with insurance claim. Healing vibes

brotherofsteve
    Free Member

Thanks all, will follow those up. Sadly not in CTC – hindsight and all that eh? Rascal – haven’t really been able to see properly until now, both eyes nearly closed up, so typing wasn’t easy. Photos taken from hospital onwards though. Cheers Mark – hope to be out soon!

aracer
    Free Member

Because I get it for free with my house insurance (it’s standard on all household policies).

Healing vibes to the OP.

blurty

The CTC pointed me in the direction of Slater Gordon, when i was clipped by a bus.

I was very pleased with the service

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got knocked off my bike on a roundabout a couple of years ago. Went to cycle aid (well, went to my neighbor, she’s one of the partners) who delt with everything quickly. Also one of my mates was racing in a TT when a car pulled out on him. Also used Cycle Aide with the same outcome.
    http://www.cycleaidsolicitors.co.uk

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’m a BC member and when I was knocked off at a roundabout ended up going via their scheme because her insurer kept stalling me*. They use Leigh Day, who kept me involved and updated, rejected the insurers low counter offers and took it to court. Final payout was very close to LD’s prediction and initial claim, suggesting they know their stuff.

*I only tried to claim for bike and kit. They ended up also paying me ~£2.5K personal injury (was off work a month) plus whatever legal fees LD and the court outing cost. I’m sure their sums show that stalling is cost-effective on a macro scale by deterring claims but not on this occasion…

brotherofsteve
    Free Member

Thanks all, that’s given me plenty of options – much appreciated.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Knocked off my bike – any good solicitor recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.