Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • knight rider.i just don't get it?
  • footflaps

But did it have Molecular Paint?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Unfortunately the replica steering wheel is courtesy of photoshop 😳 incomplete steering wheels are illegal in the UK apparently

SaxonRider

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned the helicopter version of Knight Rider yet. Friends, the pinnacle of 80s television was surely…

AIRWOLF

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqcQUmKJEK8[/video]

Pook

1) the a team
    2) knight rider
    3) streethawk

Never got airwolf.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

How about Automan if you want something obscure from that time?

Automan was the shit! 😳

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lloeUkQ1m8[/video]

kiwijohn

Blue Thunder ftw.

SaxonRider

I am very sorry to burst your bubble, but there can be no question about Airwolf’s superiority to Blue Thunder.

Den Of Geek says so!

footflaps

but there can be no question about Airwolf’s superiority to Blue Thunder.

Amen to that!

gonzy
    Free Member

I remember Manimal. And Streethawk. And Airwolf. And Blue Thunder.

and dont forget MacGyver, the Equalizer, 60 million dollar man,

back2basics
    Free Member

i remember the excitement of KITT v Goliath head on run and the episode ending just before they hit.

Airwolf was great initially but went on far too long…

what is really telling i feel is the actors and characters in these shows were a lot more “real” and you could relate to a lot more, then things like BAYWATCH came along to start the trend of everyone being polished bronzed godesses/gods, and so US TV series you watch now contain no real people just models who talk. probably why they come and go like the wind now…

my rant over.

scuttler

Didn’t Airwolf get to the edge of space once?

I’d like to see chuffin Blue Thunder try that. Also Airwolf lived in a secret crater type thing rather than Piss-Ant-PD HQ or wherever it was.

footflaps

Have you seen the new series of Airwolf?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIQuBFeWBk[/video]

gonzy
    Free Member

Blue Thunder was utter rubbish….Airwolf was much better.
    plus the lead character had a cool name…Stringfellow Hawke and not to mention he serenaded eagles with his cello!!

footflaps

he serenaded eagles with his cello!!

I thought everyone did that these days…

gonzy
    Free Member

I thought everyone did that these days…

holding your android smartphone/iPhone up in the air whilst blaring Skrillex doesn’t doesn’t have the same desired effect… 😯

butcher

Knight Rider was lame. Street Hawk was where the action was.

Now we’re talking. I had a Street Hawk jumper, it was that awesome. That and Airwolf pissed on Knight Rider. Men’s TV, for 7 year olds.

IHN

Yeah, but in the original Blue Thunder film you saw actual boobs. Boobs!

ChrisL

I remember feeling even at the age of 10 that Street Hawk seemed like a low quality knock-off of Airwolf and Knight Rider. I saw a bit of an episode on some backwater cable channel a few years ago. The bike looked terrible and the Knight Rider trick of speeding up the footage to make the car look faster really didn’t work with a motorbike as soon as it went round a corner. 🙂

The last time I saw Airwolf also proved it hadn’t aged well. I found the use of stock footage in the aerial combats particularly amusingly crap: Airwolf flies over a pine forest. Cut to a pair of jet fighters (recorded on obviously different film stock) flying over what looks like a Vietnamese jungle. Cut to a close-up of Airwolf’s guns (which hadn’t been deployed in its previous flying shot) firing. Cut to a jet exploding and ploughing into the jungle.

footflaps

The last time I saw Airwolf also proved it hadn’t aged well. I found the use of stock footage in the aerial combats particularly amusingly crap: Airwolf flies over a pine forest. Cut to a pair of jet fighters (recorded on obviously different film stock) flying over what looks like a Vietnamese jungle. Cut to a close-up of Airwolf’s guns (which hadn’t been deployed in its previous flying shot) firing. Cut to a jet exploding and ploughing into the jungle.

That’s blasphemy, people have been burnt at the stake for less.

IHN

You realise that they weren’t documentaries, yeah?

IHN

In his defence, there were no boobs in Airwolf. Boobs!

footflaps

Airwolf theme tune still raises my heart beat even now. Possibly the pinnacle of 80s action TV.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr4Xag9-wJE[/video]

gonzy
    Free Member

ChrisL

Just take it as a cautionary lesson – many things from childhood are better remembered than revisited. Except Lego. It will always be awesome. 🙂

footflaps

and Blake’s 7, that was awesome. I gave up Scouts as it clashed.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘knight rider.i just don't get it?’ is closed to new replies.