Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Knee washout and debridment
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

How long till I’m riding again? I had a wash out due to some loose bone fragments and the meniscus smoothed as it was about to tear and had rough edges. I’m walking just very slowly and short distances and stairs are a challenge. I’m two days post op and have reduced the co codamol from four hourly to six hourly. Been trying to bend it but can’t get it to 90 degrees yet.

woody21
    Free Member

I had my Op three weeks ago, first week was a nightmare, second week walking improved, this week has been ok, – walking improved even more and significantly less pain, although still get the odd twinge. Expect to go out on the bike probably next week

Alex

I did mine a few years ago. Wash out under a general? Took me about four weeks to get back out on a road bike, bit longer for the MTB. Ended up buying a sealed bag (hard to explain had a massive o ring at one end to stop water coming in!) for my leg which was still swathed in bandages so I could swim.

Had loads of physio.. which hurt if I remember rightly but knee is pretty strong considering the state it was in. It does twinge a bit in cold weather tho 😉

Good luck.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah I’m hoping to get back to work (Nhs Nurse) dressings and crepe bandage comes off Saturday so gonna see how it’s moving then. It doesn’t hurt much while walking just feels like it’s really bruised and tender.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah wash out under general was in two days. Couldn’t maintain a good temperature it was 34.5 so under a bear hugger after op.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Almost 4 months for mine to get back to actually going for a ride all day, and 6 months before I could actually go quick enough for a shorter/harder ride. After about 6 weeks there was enough movement to sit on a turbo and turn the pedals, but it was a long slow drag from there.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sounds like I’m expecting too much to be back on the bike mid January.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

had this done 6 times both knees each time.last one around 4 months ago.riding mtb about 3 weeks after op.dont ride for much more than a couple of hours though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Knee washout and debridment’ is closed to new replies.