• This topic has 23 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Knee warmers that aren't really long?
  • IHN

My good old faithful Endura knee warmers have come to the end of their long and illustrious life.

I’m looking for some replacements but they all seem to be really long, coming most if not all of the way over the calf and starting up near the gentleman vegetables

I’m after something that’s fleecy/Roubaix and goes from a bit above my knee to a bit below my knee, like the Enduras did/do. Any help?

IHN

Ignore me, I’ve found some.

Whaddyaknow, they’re Endura 🙄

1981miked
    Free Member

Care to enlighten me as I’m after a set and they all seem to me Nora Batty type…

1981miked
    Free Member

Thank you friend, they will do the job nicely. Top of the morning to you and the rest of the day to yourself.

1981miked
    Free Member

Quick heads up mate, CRC are doing them for £10.50 if you haven’t bought already.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, you’ve probably spent you money now, but those Lusso ones – http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/223/60172/lusso-super-roubaix-knee-warmers.html
    I’ve had a pair of those for about 15 years. Don’t look to be coming to the end of their life anytime soon (and cheaper than the Enduras).
    Just thought I’d mention it 🙂

IHN

Curses! 🙂

simon1975

The Endura’s look good to me too! I’ve just mailed CRC to query size which they’ve left off their listing…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hmm – one size only – in the text, then it gives you two size options below it.

slowclimb
    Free Member

I’ve got these, great value and well made: http://www.thecyclejersey.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

D0NK

Was going to steer you away from Lusso knee warmers cos they do go from vegetable area down to mid calf, well my roubaix ones do (but I like em), looks like those super roubaix ones may be a bit shorter.

DezB
    Free Member

My ones are almost too short! 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

knee warmers ?? lol just get leg warmers (Endura)…after all we are hitting the colder season now… 😉

avdave2

I’ve had a pair of those for about 15 years. Don’t look to be coming to the end of their life anytime soon

My Lusso thermal bib tights are over 20 tears old and are in the same condition as your knee warmers. Still made in the UK last time I looked.

sp
    Free Member

Sizing on knee warmers fafles me, small, medium, large how do you choose…

elaineanne
    Free Member

Sizing on knee warmers fafles me, small, medium, large how do you choose

dont bother just get leg warmers just like i said above…. its getting chilly….towards the weekend anyway.., 😉

IHN

Sooo, quick update. The Endura ones arrived yesterday…and they’re going back.

Unlike my previous Endura pair they’re just a lycra tube, i.e. not fitted/shaped around the knee at all (wasn’t really clear on the picture, I assumed they were the same), so they bunch up behind the knee when you’ve got them on.

I’m going to exchange them for the Lusso ones (which I think are shaped a bit from looking at pics on other sites)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve got a pair of endura fs260s and tbh i’m happier with them being nearer 3/4 leg coverage than just knees (a nice bonus to being 5’6″ tall).

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got the pearl izumi ones that preceeded these which have been brilliant for ages now. Only slight issue for me is the rubber gripper bit is on the bottom so they have a tendency to slip down at the top these days unless i tuck them into the bottom of my padded pants which they just about reach. That may be partly because they’re old and the elastic has gone slightly or it could be that they’re designed for roadies and therefore meant to be tucked in lycra shorts. Anyway…

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Pearl-Izumi-Thermal-Knee-Warmer_41363.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=Froogle02

And why does someone ^^ keep suggesting leg warmers when you’ve specifically asked for knee 🙄 Obviously they know what you want far better than you.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the ones i mentioned are supposedly knee warmers, but unless you have legs 2m long then they’re clearly not…

Gotama
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Comment wasn’t aimed at you.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ha, no, i realised as soon as i replied who you were on about!

IHN

Thread revival!

The Lusso ones have now arrived, they are shaped around the knee and the below knee bit just hits the ‘meat’ of my calf. Perfect.

However… the above knee bit is full-thigh-coveringly, indeed nearly undercarriage-ticklingly, long. Not really what I was after, but I’m keeping them as I can’t be arsed with changing them again…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Knee warmers that aren't really long?’ is closed to new replies.