Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Knee surgery advice
  • piemann
    Free Member

I’m on the waiting list for some knee surgery consisting of a partial lateral and medial menisectomy as well as the removal of some calcified ‘bodies’ floating freely in the joint, but keep having more episodes such as the joint locking up, or inadvertantly twisting the knee resulting in pain and swelling. (some minor, some stopping me from walking). I went to A&E for the last one, but this time it doesn’t feel quite as bad.

Do I need to make my consultant aware of these? Will it have any bearing on the surgery when it ever happens?

First injury was reported at the end of January, MRI scan late Feb and finally saw the consultant in early April (after having been back to A&E once already).

Thanks

Pie.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’d tell him as it won’t do any harm. Are you wearing anything for the swelling? I’m waiting for the same surgery once the ligaments and fibula fracture are fully healed.

woody21
    Free Member

I may have the same problem – do you find tubigrip working? Went to physio last week and he thought I may have a medial meniscus tear

Rockape63
    Free Member

A’&E would be a waste of time, if you do hurt it then ice Ibuprofen and raising the knee are the best things to do. Best to put a knee support on until the op which will also help.

Otherwise try and avoid stressing it with exercise until the op.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Knee surgery advice’ is closed to new replies.