Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Knee recovery questions…
  • dobo
    Free Member

I've just picked up a fairly painful knee injury from football of all things, somehow twisted the knee and the doc thinks i might have a tear in my miniscus, but cant say for sure…
    Recommended me some nhs physio but could take weeks to get in or go private.

Is nhs physio worth it?
    Is a few weeks wait, a few weeks too late?
    Should i wait to see how it heals a few days or go private asap?

borwens
    Free Member

Not wanting t put down the nhs, but from personal experience bite the bullet an go to a proper sports physio, find one that knows about knees its not worth muckin about, only get one pair an all that..

HTTP404
    Free Member

From experience – knee injury is complicated to diagnose.
    I went to a physio via the NHS. The appointment came through very quickly but the physio was unable to diagnose the problem and would only offer an MRI scan only after 6 physio sessions.

Cartilage can sometimes repair itself, but it's a slow healer due to the poor blood supply. If it's torn badly you'll get locking of the joint as the cartilage interferes with the movement of the joint.

pennine
    Free Member

My cartilage tore and I had to undergo keyhole surgery. Back riding after 4 weeks. Private under company insurance scheme.

dobo
    Free Member

thanks for the input, physio is so expensive, look after your knees people

wwaswas

I fecked my knee in October last year.

Went to a physio privately for a bit and she said she couldn't help and to get an MRI done.

Consultant said 'it's cartlidge' and I've now had an MRI and waiting to see consultant again.

I'm fairly resigned to having arthoscopy.

The problem is the movement for cyclign is fine, it's just bendign the knee beyond that that causes problems so I'm tempted to wait.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Knee recovery questions…’ is closed to new replies.