• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jeb.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Knee pain ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

who’s experienced severe knee pain ?

Mrs TLR has stepped up her riding distances and is suffering big time…

Not really sure what to do other than a professional bikefit at £120 ?

neilwheel
    Free Member

One knee or both?

Cleats or flats?

the_lecht_rocks

Left knee, cleats

Drac

I have and each time it’s been loose cleats.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Whereabouts in her knee? Could be as simple as moving seat or changing post height. Could be her ITB

neilwheel
    Free Member

I used to have an issue using road cleats with a dodgy left knee, due to clipping out on that side only. Swapped around and mostly used right foot down to alleviate the problem.

Common issues are cleat positioning, needing different alignments on each foot and saddle position, as above, too far back is the worst.

Maybe plan shorter rides until you figure out what the problem is.

danjthomas
    Free Member

I hate knees. I’ve always had it off and on but over the last year it’s got worse. After one long ride I felt like my knees had been hit by a hammer. Lately I’ve struggled to do a 1hr30 loop without needing to walk down steps sideways and lift myself out of my chair in work with my arms. Any leg work in the gym has even started to hurt.

I tried flats and adjusting cleats and nothing made a difference. So visited the doc and and MRI has shown that there is inflammation and frayed tissue behind the knee caps. So arthroscopy and physion this summer for me.

One thing for sure is that stretching loosens the knee before a ride which will help a fair but.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Oh yeah saddle height and position made a huge difference for me too

danjthomas
    Free Member

Oh yeah saddle height and position made a huge difference for me too. There is a book on Amazon calked how I saved my knees which is good.

dingabell
    Free Member

Really knackered both my knees up.
    Switching to flats is the only way I can keep some of the pain in check, by moving my feet around on the pedals.
    Tried Crank Bros Candy pedals for more float but rode fifty yards up the road and knew it wasn’t going to work.
    She should try what my knee surgeon told me and “don’t ever kneel down”.
    Helpful.

jeb

This one saved my knees!

Do it twice a day.

Flexibility – Hip Flexors & Iliotibial Band

The exercise, Kneeling iliotibial band is the best one, but also try it leaning over a fx kitchen counter.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Knee pain ?’ is closed to new replies.