Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Knee pads – Help me protect my new knee.
  • pguy78
    Free Member

Looking to change my tatty Kyle straits pads, was quiet happy with them but wondering about any alternatives. Just recovering from a Knee op and I think my knee needs a treat. I have seen a set of POC ones reduced which are coming in only a little more than some of the new 661s.
    Any suggestions?

pguy78
    Free Member

Anyone?

jedi

scott rocket knee pads. proper hardshell and all day comfy

wwaswas

Love my Pocs for all day riding.

However if you want ‘proper’ protection I’d get something with a hard shell and live with the sweat.

moniex
    Free Member

I love all the ixs stuff I have bought so far. Great quality and fit.

Simone

andynaismith
    Free Member

Go with the pocs – awesome pads, I wear them every ride

hilton83
    Free Member

Scott grenade pro 2’s, id say they are a close second to the pocs in terms of comfort but with a more protection

excitable1
    Free Member

Which Pads

Asked a similar thing myself a few weeks back and just bought the O’Neal Sinners. So far very, very good and a lot more comfortable than owt else I’ve tried.

Rickos
    Free Member

The nuke proof ones are very comfy, but bait hot. I went with the Alpinestars ones after ordering 6 sets from crc to try out.

Highland28
    Free Member

Pguy, where are you seeing the cheap POCs? I am in need of some new pads too.

pguy78
    Free Member

Anybody tried any of the bluegrass pads?

pguy78
    Free Member

Amazon have a few size at the £55 mark. So not cheap but def cheaper then normal.

bspoked
    Free Member

POC VPD2.0 Extended Knee. Couldn’t recommend them more highly.

ridingscared
    Free Member

Poc every time. Worth the extra imho.

eyerideit
    Free Member

POCs for me too.

Elbows and knees at my time* in life you need good protection.

*turned 40 and bay due in 4 weeks.

kendo954
    Free Member

Love my endura mt500, best fitting pad iv had to date

excitable1
    Free Member

Tried the POC’s and thought the fit was poor, same with the 661’s. Settled on the Endura MT500’s but had to by them in a Large, been using them for a year and for the last 6 months they’ve been giving me blisters and the elastic has stretched.
    Bought the O’Neal Sinners now and from the off they feel perfect. A lot more comfortable than any other pad I’ve tried.

iainc

I bought some Large Kyle Straights a while ago, wore once and found them to be too big – anyone wanna buy them ?

pguy78
    Free Member

Thanks iainc but don’t have the legs to fill a large 😥

iainc

Thanks iainc but don’t have the legs to fill a large

me neither 😛

Northwind

Kyle Straits are comfy and effective but they’re not the most massively protective- just a good balance. POC not very good IMO, their hard stuff is excellent mind.

Jedi- the Rockets look a bit light on side protection, is that fair or is it just the photos?

jedi

never noticed a lack of it

Northwind

Cool, ta. The side pads looked a bit gappy compared to the Grenades

franksinatra

Try some Atta Girls knee Pads

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=o0BJxcJje4g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Do0BJxcJje4g&gl=GB[/video]

composite
    Free Member

I tried the blue grass, but they were a funny size. I tried a large and the the thigh and calf fitted great but the knee seemed huge.

I have a pair of large 661 Rage which feel like if they stretch at all will be too big big but seem much better proportioned.

Waiting for a pair of medium 661 Kyle straits to arrive.

I’ll send back the least comfortable.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads – Help me protect my new knee.’ is closed to new replies.