Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Knee pads
  • Mounty_73

Never thought I would go for this sort of stuff, but having recently had 2 minor accidents, hit both knee’s and off to Scotland in a few weeks….

I am now looking at some knee pads, any suggestions ? Looking for something fairly light and not too big/chunky. 😉

Northwind

661 Kyle Strait’s the default option- well priced, very effective, last a long time, very comfy. A wee bit bulky- but watch that, the reason they’re so comfy is the bulk, smaller pads need to be tighter to stay on, big pads can spread out more, so it seems a bit perverse but usually big is better.

If you don’t mind spending more, the Scott pads are much the same but with a hard cap. I didn’t find them quite as comfy, and I’m not convinced the extra cost is worthwhile, but Jedi swears by ’em I know. Me, I can’t see past the 661s.

Mounty_73

The 661’s look just the job.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Everyone has 661s.
    I’ve been using O’Neal Dirt pads.
    Very nice.
    £45.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve got 661 evo and I forget they are there

rocketman
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro for me. All-day comfortable with a nice big cut-out behind the knee. Great head-on protection and some useful pads on the sides of the kneecaps

Tim
    Free Member

picked up some Bicycle Union ones from LBS

Black, simple, hidden plastic knee guard. Ridden for a day with and not particularly uncomfortable

Suits me 🙂

Got some Veggie Knee’s here but they are enormous so going back to CRC

jedi

scott grenade pads. trust me

Mounty_73

Cheers Muddypuddle, never used them, but off to Scotland in a few weeks and I have recently bashed both knee’s, my right one still hurts from 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if I will be riding Sunday, bike down at shop and one of the mechanics has broke his arm, so not sure when the bike will be fixed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads’ is closed to new replies.