Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • knee pads
  • freeriding
    Free Member

Hallo! I want to buy some new knee pads, that offer (ordered by priority):
    –adequate protection for enduro racing
    –comfort for 3-4 hour riding
    –good breathability for temperatures 25-35 celsius (77-95 fahrenheit)

I came down to 3 contenders:

–raceface ambush
    –ion k pact amp
    –poc joint vpd 2.0

Any experience with these and what do you recommend?

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve had the POC joint VPD 2.0 for a couple of years now and can confirm all day pedalling in July in Spain is fine, that they’re fit and forget when correctly sized – no temptation to carry them until the descent – and most importantly when correctly sized they stay put when crashing. Mine have been crash tested extensively…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’m looking for a similar pad (priority 3 is not really a factor though) and think the Dainese Trail Skins 2 are what I’ll try.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theroadwarrior
    Free Member

For me the Fox launch pro knee pads satisfy all your requirements. Ymmv of course!

astormatt
    Free Member

Leatt Airflex Pro

eddiebaby
    Free Member

POC

Del

I’m on fox launch too. Higher quality than 661 Kyle strait/rage they replaced.

stewartc
    Free Member

Have both the POC and ION Pads (though the zipped version) and find they are fine for most 3-4 hour rides and the odd race I compete in.
    As above, fit is important, once you get that right you wont notice them.

Furious

Love my Ambush pads. Very comfortable and well padded. Happy to wear them for all day rides. Will be replacing them with another pair as they’ve lasted well including a few machine washes. Love the fact you can put them on/take them off without removing shoes.

freeriding
    Free Member

stewartc – Member

which ones of the 2 do you think offer the best protection?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

POC user here. All good and decent protection. I’ve tried the Fox too but they nipped the backs of my knees.

tony07
    Free Member

Poc destroyed the backs of my knees and were extremely sweaty. Troy Lee raids for me. Best I’ve tried

chakaping
    Free Member

The Ambush pads are comfy enough for a long ride, only ridden them in the winter so far though and not sure I’ve crashed on my knees properly in them yet.

benpinnick

I have the POCs and the ambushes. The POC is much better for pedalling, the ambush offers more protection. Both are good but I do find the fit on the poc is better… not that this should sway you – try them on first if I were you.

koldun
    Free Member

I have the RF Ambush currently but will go back to some Fox launch’s after they die. The Fox pads are more comfortable, the protection is just as good and they are both about the same in the heat (i live in Spain).

stewartc
    Free Member

which ones of the 2 do you think offer the best protection

The POCs but I don’t think there’s much in it.
    The POCs tend to be worm for shuttles and the IONs for hike a bike sessions where they can be ripped on and off easily.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘knee pads’ is closed to new replies.