Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Knee Microfracture recovery times
  • coomber
    Free Member

Having this done in a few weeks. Any real life recovery times? Both for desk job and cycling? Think it will be two areas of punctures in the femur.

Thanks in advance

willard

I have no idea, but it sounds pretty painful. Good luck.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yes had it in 2013. It took 12 weeks. To be back on a mtb. 4 weeks none weight bearing, 4 weeks in a knee brace at various angles and 4 weeks fullweight bearing but no twisting type movement. Fully recovered now.
    Mine was for damaged cartilage under the patella. Anything from 3 to 6 month recovery.

coomber
    Free Member

That’s great thank you.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Good luck with it and do everything the consultant and physio says. If they say none weight bearing then be strict with it. You may get told post surgery to week 2/3 toe touch weight bearing or none weight bearing and week 3 to 6 full weight bearing. But aim for a 3 month recovery to full fitness.

But I’m not a Orthopaedic Consultant or physio. That’s just what it says in my print off I got at discharge and obviously my recovery experience above.

My knee feels brilliant though now, odd pain now and again if work has been busy. (Work on Orthopaedic ward) other knee needs doing but for patella maltracking but trying physio first as I don’t want it doing again unless I have to.

coomber
    Free Member

Great. Thanks for the details. Read a lot that says similar, and with regard to surgery I dont have an option really as I need to try and sort my problems with the knee.

Three months would be great and glad to hear your recovery has gone well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Knee Microfracture recovery times’ is closed to new replies.