Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Knee Ligament Pain – Bit of advice / experiences before seeing the doc please
  • lowey

Went out for a ride last night. Normal run, nothing changed on the bike, usual shoes with same spd position. Bit rocky and bumpy but nothing out of the ordinary.

About half way round the ride my lateral collateral ligament on my left knee started hurting near where it joins the lower leg (this is the ligament to the outer side of the body at the rear of the knee). Got a bit worse towards the end of the ride.

Woke up this morning and its bloody killing me. Painful climbing stairs etc

Anyone had similar experiences ?

Thanks all.

flybywire
    Free Member

Physiotherapy and exercise core required there .. consult your GP asap 🙂

smogmonster

The usual, rest, ice, elevation, compression…see your GP, or even better, a Sports Physio to rule out anything major and take regular anti inflammatories (Ibuprofen).

Ive just about got over medial collateral issues after 4 months of pain, by doing regular stretching, ibuprofen, and not running…and spinning the lower bike gears instead of mashing the highest i can.

Moda
    Free Member

Are you sure its not the IT band giving you grief. If so see a sports physio and get some foam rollers to stretch it out..

lowey

Moda, I have no idea what that is.

Booked into docs on Tuesday.

Cheers!

Albanach
    Free Member

If it is your ITB be prepared for quite possibly the most painful Physio ‘massage’ you have ever had.

I had ITB issues after ACL & cartilage operations and the Physio Had me in tears…

binners

Lowey I feel your pain brother. Literally. I’m in the same boat. Did 30 miles on Monday and felt my right knee twinging. Did the usual male ‘it’ll be fine’ routine and went out last night anyway, same as you – normal stuff, nothing unusual.

By the time we got back to the pub I was struggling. And this morning I’m really suffering. Particularly on stairs. I was moaning about it, saying I think I’ve pulled or torn something, to be met with the reply ‘you haven’t. You’re just old!’. the truth hurts sometimes. I’m not happy 🙁

lowey

Binners… I’ got that “old routine”. Bastards! Iburpofen Gel tonight in copious quantities followed by Doc for hopefully physio referal.

Maybe its the weather ?

Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

Try bio freeze from boots meantime. Physio recommended to me and certainly helped. Attracts blood cells to the area for repairs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Knee Ligament Pain – Bit of advice / experiences before seeing the doc please’ is closed to new replies.