Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Knee Injury GP or physio
  • mactheknife

Recently i have a developed a dull ache behing my right kneecap. It got much worse recently after a 10 mile short ride.It stays with me all most of the time.

Now is it worth going to the GP about to be told to rest and given brufen or should i seek private physio advice to try and nip the problem in thee bud.

the last injury i had i felt the GP was not able to offer any substantial help.

geetee1972
    Free Member

A visit to the GP should be done with the aim of getting a referral to an NHS physio.

I've had a similar injury to the one you describe (OK I displayed the same symptoms, that might not be the same thing). But I had mine as a result of fairly intense Karate training. I carried it around for about 6 months, trying to work around it but it just didn't get better.

I am not normally one for recommending cuckoo science, but I did in the end have accupunture on it and following that, the injury cleared up. I'd like to think there was something scientific about accuncpure that we can't yet explain. Certainly it's not in the same fantasy league as homeopathy. It might be cheaper and quicker than trying a private physio if your GP won't/can't referr you to a physio.

HTTP404
    Free Member

The GP will probably tell you that but also refer you to a physio.

mactheknife

Along the same lines. What is the current thinking on Cod liver oil – and Glucosamine Sulphate.

Is it thought these are good for joints or just a bit of hype??

Kuco

I suggest if you can afford it going to see a good private physio. you'll be waiting ages to see a NHS one.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mactheknife – Member

Along the same lines. What is the current thinking on Cod liver oil – and Glucosamine Sulphate.

Is it thought these are good for joints or just a bit of hype??

Lots and lots of anecdotal evidence that thy work. real reliable and valid evidence very thin on the ground. Can't do any harm tho apart from to your wallet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Knee Injury GP or physio’ is closed to new replies.