Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Knee injury….
  • dknwhy

As per my thread last Saturday – I crashed, playing the fool and have injured my knee/leg.

I rode the following day and again this weekend 20 ish easy, flat miles – no standing).

Swelling went down and now the bruising is out, i’m in even more pain with a constant dull ache. Went to A&E yesterday to get some x-rays done as I noticed a lot of bruising to my ankle and a lump. Doctor advised that my knee and ankle bones are correctly placed with no fractures and that I may experience pain for a few weeks while I heal.

Was told that I should continue to exercise the joints with moderate exercise.

I was supposed to be doing the Capital Trail or Friday but have decided to postpone this a month.

What is considered moderate exercise? Any tips to help with the healing? Anyone else had similar? What was your recovery like?

Bregante

Not the same but I’m 3 months down the line after breaking my patellar and tearing the tendon. My dr advised me to “do what i felt comfortabke doing” and I could manage fairly gentle spinning on the turbo after a month but it felt like it was hindering my recovery as far as walking is concerned so I’ve had to knock it on the head altogether. I managed to walk a mile without crutches on Sunday but felt it afterwards.

I’m literally just about to go to the consultants in a few minutes to find out a long term prognosis.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Knee injury….’ is closed to new replies.