Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Knee guards?
  • lee170
    Free Member

I’ve recently been thinking about buying some knee guards,The more enduro style pads which are thin. Not that sure I need them really if I’m honest but could come in handy in the event of a mishap.i know with any hard impact that there useless, just for scrapes really
    I’ve seen some race Face charge pads for £24 online. Does anyone have these?
    Any good?
    Also what’s the sizing like?

Thanks in advance

iainc
    chakaping
    Free Member

Just had a look at those RF pads…

“Note: This guard is not rated for impacts. It is recommened for as a minimal coverage for against nicks and abrasions.”

They look more like knee warmers than pads TBH.

lee170
    Free Member

Ah, didn’t see that, thanks

lee170
    Free Member

Yeah I read that to about impact, planning on a lot more winter rides this/next year in training for the hamsterley beast 2017 event, so may come in handy as knee warmers!

iainc

chakaping – Member
    Just had a look at those RF pads…

“Note: This guard is not rated for impacts. It is recommened for as a minimal coverage for against nicks and abrasions.”

They look more like knee warmers than pads TBH.

They really are just very comfy knee warmers with a bit of padding, but that’s what I like about them – very comfortable, you really don’t feel them once on, and for many of the offs I have – front washouts on xc paths etc, they do a great job. They would do little except soak up the blood in a rock impact

Northwind

The thin pads just seem completely daft to me. They’ve got less protective coverage and where they do have protection, there’s far less of it. Mostly they move around more in crashes too. And the advantages are so small, because bulkier pads are generally more open and more vented. So basically, if you want to wear them under trousers, they’re good. Otherwise they’re not.

beano68
    Free Member

These thin pads offer no protection whats so ever… I used the Fox launch Enduro and they was basically knee warmers and severely bruised my knee in a low impact tumble.

Then used the Fox Launch Pro but after some recent nasty crashes where my flats kept ripping my right shin open I now use the RF knee/shin pads and they are brilliant and the most comfy pads I’ve ever worn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Knee guards?’ is closed to new replies.