Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Knee – articular cartilage damage – treatment and prognosis?
  • wwaswas

Being sent for an MRI scan for the above following a fall when out riding last October..

The damage seems to be at the edge of the cartilage – I can walk run and cycle fine but if I kneel or crouch I get a lot of pain around the back of my knee joint and there's a kind of background 'dull ache' most of the time to.

What's the likely treatment or shoudl I just leave well alone as it's not a real problem in day top day life?

Cheers

Luke

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sounds similar to what Ive got, although I dont think I can sprint properly yet, trying to do alot of cycling to build up the muscles round my knee, then I can play football again.

Cycling is fine on it. Aint had an MRI scan, perhaps I should get one?

wwaswas

actually, just found this ont he NHS web site which is both informative and interesting (well, for me anyway!).http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cartilage-damage/Pages/Introduction.aspx

seems to say that surgery is likely to be down to how much pain I have rather than for any pressing strucural reasons (assuming initial diagnosis is correct).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Knee – articular cartilage damage – treatment and prognosis?’ is closed to new replies.