Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • knee arthroscopy – recovery time
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Had a catch up with my consultant this morning and after an mri he’s advised I have torn cartilage and two cysts on my knee that need to be fixed/removed.

cartilage and small cyst will be fixed via keyhole surgery and golf ball sizes cyst will be removed through an incision.

Anyone had similar surgery done? Whats the recovery time? Consultant reckons I’ll be off the bike for 2 weeks but should be able to walk okay almost straight away.

iainc

who you seeing – Gordon Mackay at Ross Hall by any chance ?

He’s done 3 for me, 2 on left, one on right, all around 5-7 yrs ago. In hindsight I thing he was a bit trigger happy, but he did have a new Audi R8 to pay for 🙂

I was off bike for about 3 weeks each time, and then back on road. I wouldn’t have wanted to land on either knee for a good few months…

I walked out under own steam each time, with no sticks or crutches, even after having had them both done same day

Gary_M
    Free Member

who you seeing – Gordon Mackay at Ross Hall by any chance ?

Yes, the very man.

I’m happy to get rid of my protrusion and draining isn’t working. I also have a wee bit of an ache so that should go too.

Did you take time off work after the op Iain?

iainc

Gary – i worked at home for I think 2 days, then back to office. Only pain really after first 24 hrs was tenderness if knee got touched. I couldn’t kneel for a few months. Pretty successful op in my case and he’s a recognised expert, so you should be good with him.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah right, that sounds fine. I’m on holiday for a week in October so plan on having the op the week before I go so I can have a proper rest with no temptation to ride a bike.

I can’t kneel on the left knee anyway due to the cyst so no loss there.

Thanks for the info, all sounds positive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘knee arthroscopy – recovery time’ is closed to new replies.