Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • knaff marketing claims – what's the daftest you have come across
  • hora
    Free Member

Neither Merc or Audi ran such a claim though. BMW are ‘ok’ to drive but I wouldn’t class them as the best or ultimate.

I thought it was known that 29’ers were sooo much better than 26’ers on the trail? Even though 29’er is now obsolete/replaced by 650b 😀

muddy9mtb

bring back 26 inch… ❓

vonplatz
    Free Member

Yay! Wheel size trolling

hora
    Free Member

Yay! Wheel size trolling

My pleasure :mrgreen:

bails

I only ever* use hill descent on my car when driving down the ramps in multi storeys. I’d never get to use it otherwise.
    *once to scare the kids. Look, no brakes, dad craic

My Focus does that! Put it in first, don’t touch any pedals and it rolls down steep car park ramps at just the right speed.

Back on topic… That Dettol ‘no touch’ soap dispenser. If the soap is so good, why do I need to worry about touching a “dirty” soap dispenser *before* applying the soap?

muddy9mtb

mate found a problem at the 11th hour with his 27.5 inch tyre, he’s the only one in the group with the new wheel size and couldn’t “lend” him a replacement 😯 fantastic marketing… cheers for the 3 hours waiting for the blooming bike shop to open instead of traveling to the trail

muddy9mtb

😆

That Dettol ‘no touch’ soap dispenser

😆 nice one can’t wait for the day someone springs the kills 100% germs dead! 99.9% pppphp thhe

hamishthecat

I seem to remember the trail vivification claim was in the context of 27.5″, not 29″. Perhaps it applies to both though. 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

This kind of crap ^^^ spend money on smelly stuff and wow! you are a global **** too!

njee20
    Free Member

I seem to remember the trail vivification claim was in the context of 27.5″, not 29″

Agreed, I thought it was 650b. Perhaps originating from here, which seems to be the earliest reference I can see on Google, and doesn’t seem to be being used ironically.

Not sure if it’s actually used beyond this forum though. Such is my blinkered view of the industry now!

jon1973
    Free Member

Bifidus Regularis

Drac

kayak23

Smartphones…

onehundredthidiot

The Renault captur is great tho, didn’t spot the surfboards hidding in the onboard storage.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Red Bull gives you wings .
    Er no it doesn’t it’s a drink that’s all .
    They never claimed it did.

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Erm a 13 million dollar lawsuit says they did

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/11/red_bull_wings_lawsuit/

vickypea
    Free Member

Penta-peptides and other such nonsense in face creams

“Promoting health” by washing your kids’ clothes in Dettol antibacterial detergent

vickypea
    Free Member

Oh yeah, “hand-cracked” walnuts on a bag of mixed fruit and nuts in Tesco.

wallop

OP – what’s the beef with antibacterial soap?

beanum

This is depressing reading:

11 Brands, 1 Snowboard

A generic snowboard re-marketed by 11 different sub brands with tosh like “signature L-Tech hybrid camber” and “proprietary GlobalGrip™ side edge”

hora
    Free Member

See loads of people drinking Redbull/Monster. Do they buy into the sport is foul-drink thing? …..knaff marketing says yes. They do.

gobuchul
    Free Member

what’s the beef with antibacterial soap?

All soap is “antibacterial”. That is the point. It doesn’t need additional chemicals to be antibacterial.

muddy9mtb

touche

njee20
    Free Member

his is depressing reading:

11 Brands, 1 Snowboard

A generic snowboard re-marketed by 11 different sub brands with tosh like “signature L-Tech hybrid camber” and “proprietary GlobalGrip™ side edge”

That’s not really any different to any number of wheel brands at the moment – sticking their logos on rims you can buy direct.

jonnyrobertson

The cosmetic industry is the worst for it. I bought some firming lotion the other day, half a bottle later still not as much as a semi-on. 😥

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘knaff marketing claims – what's the daftest you have come across’ is closed to new replies.