Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Knackered iPhone content….
  • cjr61

My wife’s iPhone SE had umm a minor bump. Not a lot left of it.

Is there anything of worth remaining that i can salvage and sell on?

Seems a shame to just chuck it.

Cheers

Chris

simon_g

Worth a try taking it to Apple – an out of warranty repair will be £255 for a SE, and will result in an effectively new refurbed phone. Not sure where their cutoff is for destroyed phones like that but worth a go.

cjr61

Thanks Simon, appreciate the suggestion.

Might see if anything else comes here though as don’t really want to be spending at the moment.

Cheers

bigyinn
    Free Member

e-bay. Not working, spares or repair.
    Some mug will buy it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Our hardware guy would say he could fix that.

As above though, they’re usually worth something because someone will walk into an Apple store with a bag of bits and walk out with a new one for half-price ish.

EDIT: I’m told you can theoretically can build a new iPhone out of Chinese pattern parts. The motherboard is hard to find, but only because once you’re at that level of destruction it’s not cost effective to rebuild it, but you’d be amazed what other bits he can lay his hands on

Sandwich

wysiwyg from here is the go to chap for phone rebuilds. I’d give that a go as a technical challenge, with a fall back of taking the bits into Apple and paying the refurb fee.

EDIT If the fingerprint sensor is goosed you’re into refurb territory as the phone will error 53 with an aftermarket button. (I’m not fully up to date but this may have been corrected though it does compromise the security of the device to use a pattern part).

cjr61

Thanks all, might drop WYSIWYG a line

Cougar

Not got accidental damage cover on your house insurance?

cjr61

Thanks all. We’ve got a new one and this has been sitting on my desk. Just hate to throw anything away…bit of a hoarder!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Knackered iPhone content….’ is closed to new replies.