Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Knackered Crank extractor thread
  • seadog101

So, I have in my hand a ISIS type chainset. It has rather crossed up and shreadded extractor tool threads on the drive side. Not yet fitted to bike.

I think the threads may still be usable if I’m careful. Might try and fit one of these captive type extractor come bolt things: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19226.

Any tips..?

trail_rat
    Free Member

fit it

use a gear puller to remove it IF you ever need to.

kiwijohn

If? It’s Isis. Bin it.

seadog101

kiwijohn – Member
    If? It’s Isis. Bin it.

Explain please O Mighty BB type guru??

trail_rat
    Free Member

isis wasnt very good , Interface or BBs – the axel was too big so the bearings were too small .

BBs die frequently and easy. I used to have 2 expensive ones on warrenty rotation with Windwave and silverfish then i happened upon some cheap octalink XTRs and fitted them instead.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Isis is someone’s joke on is all. It promised much and delivered none
    Even if the the cranks were free still not worth the cost of a bb in my mind
    Just don’t last Longenough

HermanShake
    Free Member

Far better to be in this position than “i have an ISIS BB & arm stuck on my bike”. I wouldn’t fit it. If it’s a super special chainset then find another arm, otherwise as said look for something HT2. The wanted section is very helpful and often more bargainous than expected!

kiwijohn

There you go. A cross threaded crank set is a right off, which is one reason they have all but disappeared.
    That said, I’m still running some Race Face isis cranks on my DMR.

Cheezpleez

Having had to hacksaw off a crank with shagged threads, my advice is bin it

seadog101

Well, it’s only the pub/leave it in town/fret not about it bike, so…on it goes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Knackered Crank extractor thread’ is closed to new replies.