Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KMC X11-93 chain on XT M8000 rear mech – issues?
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Was looking at getting a KMC X11-93 for my new 1×11 setup. Seen a few people suggested that KMC 11 speed chains dont work to well with the sprockets on the m8000 rear mech. Anyone had any issues

Or is the shifting better with SRAM

Cheers

Oli

dovebiker

Been running one for 6 months with no problems and despite a few 1000 miles, not showing any signs of wear

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Is that with a m8000 rear mech?

ashweee
    Free Member

I’m running a kmc chain with an m8000 mech and it works fine together.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m running a KMC silver light or whatever they call it on/in a M8000 mech and a Sram cassette, no issues at all.

patagonian
    Free Member

KMC lite chain, M8000 and Shimano 11-42 cassette. Been on the bike for the best part of a year now and done quite a few events with no issues.

johnnystorm

KMC SL gold on my m8000 11-42. 3000+ miles including the Tour Divide with no issue. Just going to let them fade out together!

luket

I’ve been chopping and changing between a KMC and a sram chain. Pretty low mileage on new shimano M8000 kit. For what it’s worth I have had some chainline issues and my experience was that the new sram chain accommodated the 1×11 chainline extremes more easily than the new KMC. Once a bit worn the KMC chain has been fine though.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

luket – Member
    I’ve been chopping and changing between a KMC and a sram chain. Pretty low mileage on new shimano M8000 kit. For what it’s worth I have had some chainline issues and my experience was that the new sram chain accommodated the 1×11 chainline extremes more easily than the new KMC. Once a bit worn the KMC chain has been fine though.

This – Had a customer who wanted the 2×11 XT on a new bike converting to 1x before collection. Chain was fine on the 2x rings, but noisy as anything on the 1x XT ring. Stuck a sram chain on and problem resolved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KMC X11-93 chain on XT M8000 rear mech – issues?’ is closed to new replies.