Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kmc missing link/shimano chain compatibility?
  • cartwheels

As title, or does the SRAM one work?
    Thanks in advance

Onzadog
    Free Member

KMC made shimano chains I believe.

hot_fiat

Yes, ime they all work. I even carry a few SRAM links with me even though I run shimano chains (9&10 speed). There are different sizes for different speed systems.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve been using KMC reusable missing links with a 9 speed Shimano drivetrain (XT chain) for a year now. No issues to report.

gren
    Free Member

Have used KMC missing links on a 10 spd Shimano chain. Work fine

oliverracing

I happen to have a shimano chain I cut too short so I added a few spare kmc and sram quick links to extend it – it’s still working 9 months later 😆

cartwheels

Excellent , thanks

dantsw13

As an emergency, even a 9 spd quick link will work.

Decathlon 10 spd links are actually KMC links (etched into the link) and are £3.99 for a pair!!!

sandwicheater

I used a SRAM quick link on a KMC chain and the very next day I had a bad bacon butty. Bacon was too fatty, bun was dry and not enough brown sauce.

Make of this what you will but I’ll not make the same mistake again.

chored
    Free Member

Just a note on the Decathlon links, I bought a pair and tried them on two separate Shimano 10 speed chains, but couldn’t get them to fit. No big deal since it was only £4 but I did get sent an email from Decathlon’s website asking me to rate the product and I wrote a review saying they didn’t fit and got a reply saying they are for SRAM chains only.

Comparing the link to another KMC 10 Speed link I subsequently bought, there seems to be a tiny difference in the height of the pins, but the markings on the plates are identical.

Might just be my experience, but thought it worth mentioning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kmc missing link/shimano chain compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.