Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KMC 'Missing Link' pliers FTW!
  • psychle
    Free Member

After having a 'mare of a time opening a powerlink the other day, I decided to order a pair of these off CRC… They arrived today and just gave them their first tryout… and the result?

KAPOW – pesky powerlink beaten into submission and opened in about 1 second, brilliant! 🙂

Can't recommend highly enough as a super handy tool to have 8)

that is all…

retro83
    Free Member

You can't beat having the proper tool for the job, but £10 😯

psychle
    Free Member

worth it I swear! 🙂 I'll now be happily removing my chain at any opportunity just because it's so easy to do. A result of this (I hope) will be that I clean chains more often and more thouroughly, thereby getting better life out of them, thus paying for said £10 investment easily! So goes the plan in my head 😆

yetiguy
    Free Member

There is a knack to taking off the link, i used to struggle but can now take it off in seconds.

Probably would have bought the pliers when i first started out, but now an expert ! 🙂

Wookster

mate one of the best things in the tool box well worth a tenner IMHO!!

scaredypants

bit of bent coat-hanger in my backpack

(I'll make you one for a fiver)

Northwind

I've got a set of cut-down circlip pliars for this, cost me about £1.50, which is still a bit expensive considering I've only had to use them once.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know there are people who say they don't need them but I've found, despite being able to open old SRAM quick links of the trail covered in mud, a brand new clean one will not come off for love nor money. It's a tool on my CRC wish list right now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KMC 'Missing Link' pliers FTW!’ is closed to new replies.