Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • "KMC chains strongly not recommended" – Why?
  • endurokid
    Free Member

So, I went out today running the XT chain and it didn’t make a sound, it was perfect. The KMC made noises as if it wasn’t indexed, conclusion, the XT chain will be staying on!

Despite a massive crash at the bottom of Jacobs Ladder today I still didn’t loose the chain, even without a guide, these NW rings and clutch mechs are the shizzle 😆

martinxyz
    Free Member

Nothing to do with narrow/wide,sorry. I had a road bike repair last week that was all complete (nearly a complete new drive) but once I tried adjusting the gears, the 8 speed KMC chain was hesitant and running noisy in a few gears. This would change during each attempt at setting up the cable tension. It would run noisy in some sprockets, then a few shifts up and down the cassette.. and it would be fine on those sprockets.

I changed the chain for a sram 8 speed and it worked perfectly and silently. I’m wondering if the rollers had anything to do with it.

endurokid
    Free Member

My KMC shifted beautifully but it was just noisy, totally gone now I’m back to Shimano, I know where my loyalties lie.

Anybody want to buy a 10 speed KMC gold chain, used about 4 or 5 times?! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘"KMC chains strongly not recommended" – Why?’ is closed to new replies.