Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • KMB 2008 Awards,Presentation night last night….. a very big thankyou too..
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Last night we had a “better late than never” 2008 presentation night,Every Tuesday night 52 weeks of the year a great bunch of riders gather at the Pedlar Cafe in Keswick (1830hrs ish)

We have ridden in every type of weather involving some very arduous and technically challenging terrain,arguably some of the most difficult in Britain.

As the year goes by it is great to see people joining us while on holiday, and there have been some great threads on here supporting the group from regular stw’ers. We take pride in accommodating all abilities and welcome everyone,like one british airlines pilot once said “we fly hundreds of thousands of miles each year, and we havent left anyone up there yet!”

Each member of the group contributes with there riding over the year, and it is to there credit we have had no serious mishaps or excursions into the flaura and fauna!.The awards are a lighthearted way of recognising some of these qualities, and after the “beer drinking exhibition”(roly) last night I think has made us even stronger as a group. well done 😉

The 2008 kmb rider of the year award was presented to Graham burns,this was in recognition for his outstanding contribution to mountainbiking and as max put it a “all round good egg” Some of you will know Graham through his Guest house in Keswick,last year graham was involved in an incident where a mountainbiker broke his leg in whinllater forest,after contacting the emergency services the rider was taken to hospital.Without grahams local knowledge and quick thinking, I am sure things could have been much worse.(I hope the riders making a good recovery!)well done. 🙂

Graham
    E-mail Address(es):
    enquires@harvingtonhouse.co.uk
    Business Information:
    Web Page: http://www.harvingtonhouse.co.uk/

Thankyou’s

A big thankyou to all the run leaders for taking us into the wilderness and getting us back safely again!

A big thankyou to Anne Woods for lugging a very heavy first aid kit around and being the sweeperuperer!

All the group would like to thank Max Cousins and the team at KMB http://www.keswickbikes.co.uk for there continued support and contributions throughout the year.

A big thankyou to http://www.lakelandmouldings.co.uk for help with the trophys

A big thankyou to the magic bean resteraunt in penrith for covertly stashing the trophys and providing an exellent indian meal, and rebuilding the place once we had all left!

some pictures to follow,cheers Gavgas

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Graham Burns 2008 Rider of the Year 😀

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/poorlybottoms/?newest=1

More pics and Awards,well done everyone great night out! 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just one more thanks to Clare Morris for organising the meal and doing what she does best throughout the year.

nice one 😉

boxelder

Trevor S……?
    With a ladies drink……?

rolymo
    Free Member

was i there ?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

No you were never quite there all night! 🙄

rolymo
    Free Member

i appear to have sufferred a stroke. the joys of alcohol……

GaVgAs
    Free Member

No you hadent started drinking at that point,at least, thats what you told me anyway! 😯

You had a prawn Byriani like me I assume! 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

boxelder

Trevor S……?
    With a ladies drink……?

Yer right Trev had just nicked it from Clare! I had to buy her another! 🙄

clareymorris

………..and I know I speak for all of us when I say a huge Thank You to Gav for putting all of the effort in getting those trophies made. I’m sure your sister goes back up to Edinburgh each time she has visited with the kids wondering where all of their action hero toys have disappeared to, as you laugh an evil laugh and attack them with the andle grinder!!!

Cheers Gav, you’re a star 😀

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Is that you on the left of the first pic Gavgas? Starting to recognise a few faces now (I dont have a good memory for names). You ride a carbon spesh?

That rolymo guy looks familiar as well. Is he the guy who tangoed his front wheel dropping off that fallen tree when we rode out of Askham?

I am the guy who lost his wedding ring at the pub and managed to disrupt every persons night by getting them to search for it. Ride a pipedream Sirius. Might tag along again if thats ok, job is more flexible these days.

rolymo
    Free Member

the lad who tangoed his front wheel is jamie, who will be chuffed to bits that he looks like me following 10hrs of solid drinking.

anyone who knows me will tell you that i am far to skillful to ever damage stuff, or fall off. 🙄

GaVgAs
    Free Member

“TheLittlestHobo”

yup thats me,moved on from the spesh tho and sold the frame some time ago. 8)

muddy@rseguy

All in all a really good bunch.

Hope to see you all next month when I’m back in Keswick as I still think I dreamed that night ride I did with you lot last year…it was truly awesome even though I rode like the southern softy that I am 🙂

Muddy@rseguy (previously known as Dozer)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

What happened to fullbouncybilly??? 😉

Clare on the pop again?
    How’s the foot?
    FCx

GaVgAs
    Free Member

yey..nice one dozer,yer gloves are still in my van! 😀

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Hi Foxy chick,

I thought I should go back to Gavgas as I am riding a hardtail a bit more now so a bit less “fullbounce” now and more gas! 😯

The foots coming along nicley..should be out for a wobble tommorrow night 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Rolymo said

“anyone who knows me will tell you that i am far to skillful to ever damage stuff, or fall off.”

really?….I call it good value!! 😈

http://www.vimeo.com/2365422

clareymorris

Hey Foxy.

They made me – look at my face – I’m protesting.

🙂

clareymorris

Muddy@rseguy previously known as Dozer…………..we’ll have your ice-cream ready for you ;-0

GaVgAs
    Free Member

“They made me – look at my face – I’m protesting.”

self inflicted more like..lol 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice one guys

I’ll be dropping in for a summer ride sometime in July after exhausting summer here down under. Any chance you can save some really wet miserable tuesday nights for me!!

Mike

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘KMB 2008 Awards,Presentation night last night….. a very big thankyou too..’ is closed to new replies.