Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Klunking – a giant step backwards!
  • igrf
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Actually, I love the Transition range. A friend has a Covert which I love riding. Bandits are highly reqarded and well priced. The TR bikes are very desirable. Big tags though. Bottlerockets are getting more attention care of a certain instructor. I have a real soft spot for the trans am. Lovely. Always get the colours so right too.
    Have to see the covert carbon frame price before I commented on that.
    I’m not a hater. I just cannot see how anyone could justify £500 on a bike like the klunker.

Yes I get what your saying, but then I don’t get why some folk pay four, five and even six figures for a roadie which would fold over the first jump but not do your heterophobia any harm. Well its a risk we’re going to take, we’ll carry a few, what we’re more worried about is what usually happens to us, we get ripped by Nukeproof once we’ve created a bit of noise and they take the volume sales..

wrecker
    Free Member

Well good luck with them. I admire your boldness and secretly hope you have a large one left over reduced next year!

jameso

igrf, I reckon £499.99 is fair RRP if it’s a cr-mo F+F with a decent
    crank and wheelset. Plenty of BMXs sell around that price so if the part quality is equivalent I don’t see the issue. I work in the trade and agree with paul78 there.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Been there, done that. Now I ride a FS 29er.

Sometimes people ask me whether I kept any of my original klunkers. Nope. Broke them all and never looked back.

tootallpaul

My “Clunker”.

Gets ridden everywhere.

I also have a FS 29er too.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think that ends the discussion 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

All it needs is some decent bikes and it’d be just like…………..my Surly 1×1. That’s even got blue rims too. And a big fat Kenda Nevegal on the front.

zerocool

For around £500 could you not buy a single speed jump bike with if you wanted something low tech? Or can’t you pick up something a little more practical from On-One for similar money.
    It looks pretty, and I’ve been a fan of Transitions for years and rate the TR450 as the best DH bike I’ve ridden(GF loves hers), but can’t see many being sold and I expect the ones that are will be on eBay in under 12 months like all the Specialized Langster’s and other fixies

Tom Kp

paul78
    Free Member

If you want a low tech hardtail thats what you’ll buy…. if you want a jump bike you will buy a jump bike … the Transition klunker isn’t made for practicality its a ‘ruled with the heart’ purchase…

More than one person has professed a desire to own one … these will be absolute impulse buys and no doubt number of buyers will outstrip the amount Surf Sales bring to the UK.

They aren’t trying to imitate anything they are what they are and most people would spend more on a pair of forks than this whole bike costs.

paul78
    Free Member

If you want a low tech hardtail thats what you’ll buy…. if you want a jump bike you will buy a jump bike … the Transition klunker isn’t made for practicality its a ‘ruled with the heart’ purchase…

More than one person has professed a desire to own one … these will be absolute impulse buys and no doubt number of buyers will outstrip the amount Surf Sales bring to the UK.

They aren’t trying to imitate anything they are what they are and most people would spend more on a pair of forks than this whole bike costs.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Klunking – a giant step backwards!’ is closed to new replies.